• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

St Jean to Roncesvalles late September

loolsi

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2016/October & 2018/September)
Hi

I have done the Sarria to Santiago route (twice!) and thought I would try the St Jean to Estella part this year. I plan to fly out on the 21st of September and start the hike then.

What do I need to pack in terms of clothing? The standard hiking trousers, top, fleece and waterproof? Or will it be colder?

Many thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've started from SJPdP mid-Sept (13th) and will be starting there late Sept (28th) this year. I am taking the same gear I took last time. Prepare for a wide range of temps while factoring in your personal comfort level (if you run hot/cold). Mornings can be cool while days can be warm (though not hot).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just wear normal summer clothes with a fleece and a poncho that can cover your pack and you will be fine. It will not be cold and the way things have been going be very hot. I walked twice during that time period all the way to SDC and didn't even have a sleeping bag just a silk liner.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Back