Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

St Olav

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Santiago '13
I only post this here to reach the most readers....
Completed Camino Francis in October and now I want to hike "The Way of St Olav" in Norway. I am unable to find a guide book in english that will provide all the information needed to make this trek. All the books are out of print and I have been unsuccessful on the internet. Does anyone out there have a copy of "
The Pilgrim Road to Nidaros: St. Olav's Way - Oslo to Trondheim" or maybe point me in the right direction>

Advertisment

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
Hi, I am from Nidaros/Trondheim and was supposed to walk it from Oslo this summer, but life got in the way. The website robermarbe pointed you to has lots of info which is just as good and much more up-to-date than any of the out-of-print/date guide books. I actually have a copy of the Cicerone/Raju guide book in English - someone else wanted to borrow it but I will find out if they still need it, if not you are welcome to have or borrow it.

Linda

Last edited:

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Upper right on the web page, you can switch to English. A very good website.

Advertisment

cher99840

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2017 Camino Frances SJPP-Santiago
2015 St. Olav's Way Oslo-Trondheim
2017 VdlP Seville-Merida
I am also interested in walking St Olav's Way after having completed the CF in October. My plan is to join the group walk in 2015 because I am already overbooked for this year. The website is supposed to be up tomorrow and will have updated info.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Santiago '13
Hi, I am from Nidaros/Trondheim and was supposed to walk it from Oslo this summer, but life got in the way. The website robermarbe pointed you to has lots of info which is just as good and much more up-to-date than any of the out-of-print/date guide books. I actually have a copy of the Cicerone/Raju guide book in English - someone else wanted to borrow it but I will find out if they still need it, if not you are welcome to have or borrow it.

Linda
Thanks your for the post. I have checked out many web sites but want more of an overall picture of the hike, specifically lodging and terrain elevations. Please let me know if your friends does not require your book any longer. I will be happy to pay for any transportation charges involved in borrowing the book.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Santiago '13
I am also interested in walking St Olav's Way after having completed the CF in October. My plan is to join the group walk in 2015 because I am already overbooked for this year. The website is supposed to be up tomorrow and will have updated info.
Cher, could you expound on the group walk? Would it be the entire 400 miles? What type of fees are incurred and could you send me the URL of the web site? Thanks for your response.

wayne

cher99840

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2017 Camino Frances SJPP-Santiago
2015 St. Olav's Way Oslo-Trondheim
2017 VdlP Seville-Merida
Cher, could you expound on the group walk? Would it be the entire 400 miles? What type of fees are incurred and could you send me the URL of the web site? Thanks for your response.

wayne
Wayne pm your email and I will forward the email that I received. The website is

http://pilegrimsleden.no

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • April

Votes: 47 18.6%
  • May

Votes: 59 23.3%
  • June