• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stage 32 - Comino Norte

Rebecca39

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk the Comino Norte in sections starting October 2018
Hi,

As in previous posts I’m planning my trip this October. I am looking to split Stage 32 between Sobrado Dos Monxes and Arzua - Please can previous walkers on this route tell me where would be a good place to stop for the night and the name of the Albergue/hotel?

Many thanks,

Rebecca
PS - I have 9 nights with my first staying in La Coruna due to a late flight. I’ll then head to Vilalba by bus and spend a leisurely night there too. The rest of my route is as follows:
  • Vilalba - One Night
  • Baamonde - One Night
  • Miraz or Roxica - One Night
  • Sobrado dos Monxes - One Night
  • Arzua - One Night
  • ????
  • Pedrouzo - One Night
  • Santiago De Compostela - One Night - Any advice on my plan and recommendations really appreciated? It is something I really want to do, but I’m nervous and want to make sure I plan and book accommodation in advance.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Rebecca,

Yes, you can split this stage in two and spend the night in Boimorto.
From Sobrado dos Monxes it's 22 km. to Boimorto.

In Boimort you can stay at Albergue de Peregrinos de Boimorto (newly built, only a few years old), phone number 638 392 024.

From Boimorto to Arzua is 11 km. But, at the albergue in Boimorto they have information about an alternative route (including a description of this alternative route). This one joins the Camino Frances halfway between A Salceda and A Brea (about 8 km. after Arzua). The alternative route is a bit shorter than walking from Boimorto to Arzua and then to A Salceda/A Brea. Although this alternative route means walking on (quiet) asphalt roads, the advantage is that you get to spend more time in the quiet countryside, before joining the crowded Camino Frances.

Taking the route from Boimorto to Arzua, possible stages are:
Boimorto - Arzua - A Salceda, 22,3 km.
A Salceda - Monte do Gozo, 23,3 km.
Monte do Gozo - Santiago, only 4,9 km. which leaves you plenty of time to be in the cathedral in time for the mass.

Taking the alternative route from Boimorto, possible stages are:
Boimorto - Santa Irene, 23,6 km.
Then either Santa Irene - Monte do Gozo 17,7 km. + Monte do Gozo - Santiago 4,9 km.
Or Santa Irene - Santiago, 22,6 km.

Possible albergues:
Arzúa: various.
Boimorto: Alberge de Peregrinos de Boimorto (only a few years old), phone number 638 392 024.
A Salceda: El albergue de Boni, phone number 618 965 907.
Santa Irene: Albergue de Peregrinos de Santa Irene, phone number 981 511 000.
Monte do Gozo: Albergue de Peregrinos de Monto do Gozo, phone number 981 558 942.
Santiago: plenty.

Hope this will help a bit.

I do not know what your daily mileage would be, but you might consider starting a bit further back in Mondoñedo, a beautiful old town worth the visit, that would add a couple of additional days of walking to your Camino. Mondoñedo is big enough, it should be easy to reach by bus too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I do not know what your daily mileage would be, but you might consider starting a bit further back in Mondoñedo, a beautiful old town worth the visit, that would add a couple of additional days of walking to your Camino. Mondoñedo is big enough, it should be easy to reach by bus too.
and take the longer way out beginning from the fountain rather than the shorter and rather brutal hill climb starting from the public albergue.

and take the longer way out beginning from the fountain rather than the shorter and rather brutal hill climb starting from the public albergue.
Actually, that climb, while demanding, is absolutely delightful in my opinion, great views and gorgeous landscape, no tarmac at all... most recommendable (in my opinion)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.