• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages and Albergues

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
I wonder if anyone can suggest typical stages and albergues on Vasco del Interior? Is it possible to stay in albergue each night on the route?
Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My stages in April 2012
Day 1 - March 30 Hendaye to Oiartzun 13 km Pension €50 double room

Day 2 - March 31 Oiartzun to Andoain25 km Albergue Municipal Donativo

Day 3 - April 1 Andoain to Beasain 30 km Albergue municipal Donativo

Day 4 - April 2 Beasain to Zegama 22 km Pension €40 suite 2 rooms with private bath

Day 5 - April 3 Zegama to San Adrian and via Urbia to Aranzazu / Oñati 35- 38 km - Vitoria Hotel Dato €36

Day 6 - April 4 Vitoria to La Puebla de Arganzon 22 km Albergue municipal Donativo

Day 7 - April 5 La puebla to Haro 31 km Albergue Donativo

Day 8 - April 6 Haro to Santo Domingo 20 km AlbergueCasa del Santo Donativo.

Yes, it is well-signed. Yes, you can stay at the albergures most of the nights.
There are several alternative routes to choose from.

Got lost in the mountains on etapa 5 and took a bus from Oñati back to the camino (Vitoria).
Buen camino

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone can suggest typical stages and albergues on Vasco del Interior? Is it possible to stay in albergue each night on the route?
Thanks
When I did some research and planning (Interior, CF, Salvador, Primitivo, CF) these were the stages I put on my list:
1. Irun
2. Astigarraga (23kms)
3. Tolosa (22,5kms)
4. Beasain (19,5kms)
5. Zegama (19,5kms)
6. Alegria (33,5kms)
7. Victoria (16kms)
8. La Puebla de Arganzon (18,5kms)
9. Haro (31kms)
10. Sto.Domingo de la Calzada (20kms)
Except albergue in Victoria which is parrish, all albergues are municipal.

Happy planning and Ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks

I would recommend you look at the Gronze.com and Eroski consumer sites and plan from there. I started walking as soon as I arrived so did not stay in all the suggested etapa's. This route is sparsely traveled so many times you will be alone. Andoain is a nice Albergue for space and a nice town for eating options. Key at the police station and you turn on the hot water tank. Beasain also nice Albergue and lots of options for eating. Zegama albergue had no hot water, so moved to hotel 20 euro's and 10 euro Pilgrim meal. Salvatierra (Jose/Mari) 10 euro's and 10 euro dinner. Berantavilla, small town (400) went to bar, they sent me to a house for a key. They put you up in the school on matts. Very clean with nice hot showers. One bar/restaurant and a nice little church. Haro has a nice Albergue and a great town for wine. The next day I walked through SDdlC to Granon, imo, the best Albergue on the Frances for a communal environment. It is definitely worth stopping at the Cathedral in Santa Domingo de la Calzada. A beautiful cathedral and Pilgrim story.

The Vasco is very Basque (Good sideria) and a very pedestrian walk until you get to Beasain. Then it becomes a little more challenging physically. Steep climb out of Zegama and some beautiful views heading into to the wine region of Brinas/Haro. Another good Camino start option, imo, versus SJPdP.

Ultreya,
Joe

Thanks Joe!
I have been looking at Gronze and find it very useful.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Is it possible to stay at Santuario de Senora de Estibaliz?

I was searching on internet and Santuario is open daily from 8 am to 8 pm for visitors.
Yes Annie, thank you. I found a blog on internet where a pilgrim had stayed at this Monasterio, but its from quite a few years ago! I did contact the Monasterio by email to ask if possible to stay there, told me not possible! I thought it would have been a nice place to spend a night. I still intend to visit though.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The monasterio was indeed a great place to stay.
They offered a bed, supper and breakfast, and you could join of course the evening ceremony in the little chapel juste beside.
Unfortunately, they were very few and rather elderly monks, that they had to stop accodommating pilgrims.

When I did some research and planning (Interior, CF, Salvador, Primitivo, CF) these were the stages I put on my list:
1. Irun
2. Astigarraga (23kms)
3. Tolosa (22,5kms)
4. Beasain (19,5kms)
5. Zegama (19,5kms)
6. Alegria (33,5kms)
7. Victoria (16kms)
8. La Puebla de Arganzon (18,5kms)
9. Haro (31kms)
10. Sto.Domingo de la Calzada (20kms)
Except albergue in Victoria which is parrish, all albergues are municipal.

Happy planning and Ultreia!

Your route is the exact one I plan on taking this September. Do you have any information you can pass along to me such as outstanding
(good & bad) places to stay and see, do overs and trail advice. Thank you for whatever help you can provide me.

Your route is the exact one I plan on taking this September. Do you have any information you can pass along to me such as outstanding
(good & bad) places to stay and see, do overs and trail advice. Thank you for whatever help you can provide me.
Sorry Davey but I can't be of much help because I didn't walk Interior so far. It was a quick research just to get general idea of possible acommodation and stages.

Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back