• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages and photos Merida to Santiago de Compostela in 20 days

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
Today I finalised my editing of camera photos and adding all mobile photos to an album. I also wrote down my stages in the albums so I can post them here as well. My stages are albergue to albergue and can include a detour, a visit to one or several bars/restaurants etc. on the way. The time is the same, it includes stops.

I first walked Camino Mozárabe for 18 days from Almería to Merida.

Via de la Plata from Merida
Day 19, Mérida to Alcuéscar, 37.13 km, 7 h 52 min
Day 20, Alcuéscar to Cáceres 40.15 km, 8 h 2 min
Day 21, Cáceres to Cañevaral 45.22 km 8 h 48 min
Day 22, Cañevaral to Carcaboso, 38.78 km, 7 h 53 min
Day 23, Carcaboso to Aldanueva del Camino, 38.61, 7 h 53 min
Day 24, Aldanueva del Camino to Fuenterroble de Salvatierra, 43.87 km, 8 h 48 min
Day 25, Fuenterroble de Salvatierra to Morille, 33.63 km 6 h 23 min
Day 26, Morille to Calzada de Valdunciel, 38.10 km, 8 h 5 min
Day 27, Calzada de Valdunciel to Villanueva de Campeán 35.18 km, 7 h 1 min
Day 28, Villanueva de Campeán to Montamarta, 39.72 km, 8 h 26 min
Day 29, Montamarta to Granja de Moreruela, 23.63 km, 4 h 11 min

Camino Sanabres
Day 30, Granja de Moreruela to Villanueva de las Peras 40.11 km, 8 h 5 min
Day 31, Villanueva de las Peras to Mombuey 46.13 km, 8 h 58 min
Day 32, Mombuey to Requejo 43.40 km, 8 h 29 min
Day 33, Requejo to A Gudiña 41.40 km, 9 h 21 min
Day 34, A Gudiña to Alberguería, 46.62 km, 9 h
Day 35, AlberguerĂ­a to Ourense, 44.8 km, 9 h 30 min (the day I was food poisoned at lunch)
Day 36, Ourense to Castro DozĂłn, 42.01 km, 8 h 58 min
Day 37, Castro DozĂłn to Ponte Ulla, 48.46 km, 9 h 13 min
Day 38, Ponte Ulla to Santiago de Compostela, 21.52 km, 4 h 29 min

And out to Fisterra
Day 38 Second half), Santiago de Compostela to Negreira 20.71 km, 3 h 44 min
Day 39, Negreira to Cee, 52.75 km, 10 h 4 min
Day 40, Cee to Fisterra and Cabo Finisterrae 15.96, 3 h 12 min
Screenshot 2018-10-28 20.45.30.png

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You are a machine!
I just love the walking, putting one foot in front of the other again and again and again and stop for some food, photos and sleep now and then. I never find it hard to walk and most of the time I don't even feel the weight of the backpack.

On this camino I have done the following errors according to others:
Walked to long
Walked to fast
Walked alone
Didn't stop in cities
Have a to heavy backpack
Walk in sandals
Didn't eat bread and pasta (didn't eat much at all)

But somehow I enjoyed it anyway and got myself from AlmerĂ­a to Fisterra in one piece without any blisters or other problem. Then I got a blood clot in my foot on the flight home. My legs are not made for sitting still for a whole day (had a 19 h trip home).

@BeatriceKarjalainen I too have been told off for walking in sandals! And this past week when it has been 3-6 degrees in the morning our whole family has caused an uproar by walking in shorts!!
This Camino has shown me I want to do two more different ones - one like yours (although slower as my comfortable pace is just over 5km/hr) where I walk and walk and only walk (no blogging, no journal, no sketchbook, no knitting, probably on my own.....and one where I walk a little (maybe only 15-20km) and draw for the rest of the day. I’ll still wear sandals and shorts! (Though I rig up in thermals and jacket when I stop walking)

@BeatriceKarjalainen I too have been told off for walking in sandals! And this past week when it has been 3-6 degrees in the morning our whole family has caused an uproar by walking in shorts!!
This Camino has shown me I want to do two more different ones - one like yours (although slower as my comfortable pace is just over 5km/hr) where I walk and walk and only walk (no blogging, no journal, no sketchbook, no knitting, probably on my own.....and one where I walk a little (maybe only 15-20km) and draw for the rest of the day. I’ll still wear sandals and shorts! (Though I rig up in thermals and jacket when I stop walking)
Sandals ftw.
The legs are warm when walking, no need to overdress. I did some blogging (first 15 days) and updated Instagram in the evening and some posts here now and then. But only when I felt I had the energy and time for it. No stress no requirement. Had network problem and a phone that died now and then. Had to bring it back to life with the power bank. Phone in flight mode the whole day is really nice. Knitting. Hmm never thought about bringing my knitting.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Do you mind if I share a link to your album to the facebook group "Amis Camino Mozarabe Via de la Plata"?

You are also welcome to join the group if you are interested. The principal language of the group is French, but we welcome all who are interested in the Camino Mozarabe. (So far there are members of the group whose first language may be English, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese ... as far as I know).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Do you mind if I share a link to your album to the facebook group "Amis Camino Mozarabe Via de la Plata"?

You are also welcome to join the group if you are interested. The principal language of the group is French, but we welcome all who are interested in the Camino Mozarabe. (So far there are members of the group whose first language may be English, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese ... as far as I know).
You are welcomed to link to the albums. I don’t have a Facebook account so I can’t join.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back