• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages for Vdlp

Mary Quagliata

Time of past OR future Camino
I've walked the Frances, the Norte, the Portugues and the Primitivo, in that order but I don't remember the dates.
I'm glad you liked it. I'm thinking of walking the Via de la Plata in 2017. Nice and warm and flatish.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How are the way markings on this route? Where did you get your Camino passport?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is there really no way to shorten the length of the stages? So many of them are 20 miles long. Are there no little towns in between?

Vía de la Plata: My memory is a bit fuzzy but I think there are a few stages of about 30 kms that cannot be avoided. At least in 2013 when I walked. But these are exceptions.

/BP

Oh! I think she was asking about the Vía de la Plata! Not the Primitivo! Just saying!

Take care!

BP
Urghh, diffucult to follow as this is in the Primitivo thread. But I just plotted VDLP from Sevilla to Salamanca, also in 23km stretches, lr just about. Doable except in two points where a bus or taki would be needed to do the first or last 10km of an etapa.

I'm glad you liked it. I'm thinking of walking the Via de la Plata in 2017. Nice and warm and flatish.

Mary I walked the VdlP last year and I am still wishing I was there. It's an amazing walk!

We had very hot walking out of Seville (36c) to freezing early mornings on the Sanabres but I loved every bit of it and would go again tomorrow if I could. One thing I would stress is that it's not flat. I thought it was going to be flat... and sometimes it is. But there are also lots of hills and mountains and rolling countryside too. It has a bit of everything and I LOVED it (did I say that already?)

here's the start of my blog https://caminobrassblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/bordeaux-pizza-goodbyes/ it's not as informative as other blogs, it's more about me and my walk... but the photos will show you how the landscape changes every day.

My walking buddy preferred 20-25km days and we managed this most times. It's totally do-able with the odd taxi start... we also skipped over one long day stage on the bus. It's fabulous... did I mention how much I fell in love with this path :rolleyes:

@Kennedy1 - the markings are generally very good, one or two days where we scratched our heads a couple of times but nothing that caused real problems. You can get a passport in Seville or buy one form Ivar's shop. :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Excited! Just booked my flights to Seville from Perth. Will start walking on Wednesday 19th April. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my previous VdlP in 2012,
will include the Sanabrese.

Hi I am thinking of starting in Salamanca 3rd week in Sept 2017 to Santiago.
I am interested to see some ones stages which have cut down some of the longer stages were possible...
Thank you

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back