• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages to Conque and recommendations for where to stay

Wardmaryt

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk in. 2015
Hi
We are three sisters in our fifties, starting from Le Puy on 17th September. All reasonably fit, but not having done much training and therefore want a slow start.

I've seen Camino Chris''s recommendations for the first few days and they look good.

1. LePuy to Montbonnet- 17.3 kilometers
2. Montbonnet to Monistral d 'Allier- 14.4
3. Monistral to Saugues- 12.6
4. Saugues to La Sauvage- 19.8
5. to Saint Alban- 13.5
6. to Lasbros- 21.4

Does anyone have recommendations for where to stay or places to stop after this. We hope to get to Conque in about 11 days.

Thanks
Mary
: )

1. LePuy to Montbonnet- 17.3 kilometers
2. Montbonnet to Monistral d 'Allier- 14.4
3. Monistral to Saugues- 12.6
4. Saugues to La Sauvage- 19.8
5. to Saint Alban- 13.5
6. to Lasbros- 21.4

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We found that all the accommodations were quite satisfactory, so just pick one wherever you plan to stop. Tourist offices are very helpful, as is Miam Miam Dodo, but you must adjust to their hours. The French reserve ahead, so you may want to do so as well. Your host will call for you if your French is limited. The phone call saves you the time and effort of wandering around when you hit town. I have found that the demipension can lead to gastronomic delights! It will cost about 33-35E per night (bed, dinner, and breakfast). You can shorten the first day by stopping in Saint Christophe sur Dolaison. There was a farm gite nearby in Tallode, but it is not showing up on Google Maps anymore. St. Privat d'Allier also is a nice stopping point, though it is close to Montbonnet. Bon chemin.

We did the same to La Sauvage then
La Sauvage to Bigose 22.6km
Bigose to Finieyrols 22.4km
Finieyrols to Saint Chely d'Aubrac 26.5km - a very long day for us, we would have preferred to stop 7.5k before this at Aubrac but couldn't get accommodation due to the Transhumance festival.
Saint Chely to Saint Come d'Olt 16.3km
Saint Come to Estaing 20.3km
Estaing to Senergues 22.5km
Senergues to Conque 10km.
I have just finished my blog from our camino in May /June this year if you want to check out where we stayed. Walking500more.wordpress.com
Bon chemin!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Are you looking for bed and breakfast or the more basic pilgrim accommodation? I did Nasbinals to Conques 2 years ago. We always had double rooms, never dormitories. I can't look up all the places we stayed from where I am now but will later if you are interested.
However...the convent at Saint Come d'Olt was memorable, although there are other places to stay in the village. And when you get to Conques I would really recommend the Abbaye, although I couldn't pre-book from the UK without arranging a French friend to write a cheque on a French bank account and send it for me!

7. Nasbinals
8. Saint Cheley d'Aubrac
9. Espalion
10. Golinhac (Took a taxi from here to Conques the next morning as it was raining cats and dogs! Loved getting to beautiful Conque early morning to enjoy a full day here without it being a zero day out of our schedule.)
11. Conques- (We stayed in the wonderful Abbey and had no reservation. Even had a private room for we 3 gals, but it was just luck or camino magic! I recommend reserving ahead, but they do keep 10 beds open for walkins. Since we had arrived early, we were quite a bit ahead in the queue.)

You will love this route, but will def get your exercise in each day...up, down, up, down! :)

gite domaine de senos in Senergue was one of my favorite stays; makes a half-day to Conques the next day.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Are you looking for bed and breakfast or the more basic pilgrim accommodation? I did Nasbinals to Conques 2 years ago. We always had double rooms, never dormitories. I can't look up all the places we stayed from where I am now but will later if you are interested.
However...the convent at Saint Come d'Olt was memorable, although there are other places to stay in the village. And when you get to Conques I would really recommend the Abbaye, although I couldn't pre-book from the UK without arranging a French friend to write a cheque on a French bank account and send it for me!
I would love a list of where you stayed. Interested in a double room also.

Yes, that's where we stayed in Senergue:) very nice with great food. We had our own room and ensuite. Also had our own room (twin beds) at gite Saint Christophe in Estaing, very new renovation in the old town, le Rose del Aubrac in Finieyrols, La Sauvage and at Chambre d'hotes L'etape in Saugues. We were in 3-bed rooms in Monbonnet at gite L'escole, and in gite Saint Andre in Saint Chely, all great stays. We were able to book and pay the €6 (!) deposit for the Conques Abbaye by paypal, details on their website, from Australia. This was the only place that we stayed that a deposit/payment was required in advance.

OK here goes.
Nasbinals: Hotel La Route d'Argent. E55.50 per person, half board. basic hotel, breakfast included cheese and meat, robust country cooking, gruff but friendly family welcome.
St Chely d'Aubrac: Gite St Andre. E 38 per person half board. Lovely bed and breakfast. Everyone (8 guests perhaps) ate together. Delicious filling food. Modern and comfortable decor.
St Come d'Olt: the Couvent de Malet. Basic beef stew for dinner, all eat together and served self-service. Still a convent, in a different wing. This was a lovely experience.
Estaing: Chambre d'hotes Lou Bellut, Mme Monique Simon - lovely location, dead centre. Very nice welcome by lady who also runs the gift shop. Tiny and personal. E 50 bed and breakfast for us both.
Espeyrac: Hotel de la Vallee. Not recommended, but I don't think there is much alternative! Basic hotel, we had half board. Don't have a record of the cost.
Conques: the Abbaye. Wonderful.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We did the same to La Sauvage then
La Sauvage to Bigose 22.6km
Bigose to Finieyrols 22.4km
Finieyrols to Saint Chely d'Aubrac 26.5km - a very long day for us, we would have preferred to stop 7.5k before this at Aubrac but couldn't get accommodation due to the Transhumance festival.
Saint Chely to Saint Come d'Olt 16.3km
Saint Come to Estaing 20.3km
Estaing to Senergues 22.5km
Senergues to Conque 10km.
I have just finished my blog from our camino in May /June this year if you want to check out where we stayed. Walking500more.wordpress.com
Bon chemin!
unable to open your blog at wordpress.com

unable to open your blog at wordpress.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back