• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stages to Finisterre via Muxia

Time of past OR future Camino
Coastal Portuguese via VE ´22 Camino Fisterra ´22
Hi all,
After doing our first Camino (Portuguese Coastal/Litoral with the Spiritual Variant) in May this year me and my wife are
bitten by the friendly Camino virus :).
We'd like to finish the part to Finisterre via Muxia next month September. So starting at Santiago to Muxia, then Finisterre,
returning to Santiago by bus. Our stages on the CP were between 20 and 25km with a one day exception of 27.
Am now looking for accomodations (private rooms) , all stages look fine, Muxia/Finisterre we will cut in half and stay over at Lires.
But cannot find anything at 20 to 24km past Negreira, wanted to stay around Santa Marina but the only one i found, Casa Pepa,
is fully booked.
Would appreciate your help, assistance,
thanks, Marc and Christel

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all,
After doing our first Camino (Portuguese Coastal/Litoral with the Spiritual Variant) in May this year me and my wife are
We'd like to finish the part to Finisterre via Muxia next month September. So starting at Santiago to Muxia, then Finisterre,
returning to Santiago by bus. Our stages on the CP were between 20 and 25km with a one day exception of 27.
Am now looking for accomodations (private rooms) , all stages look fine, Muxia/Finisterre we will cut in half and stay over at Lires.
But cannot find anything at 20 to 24km past Negreira, wanted to stay around Santa Marina but the only one i found, Casa Pepa,
is fully booked.
Last October we stayed at Santa Marina Hostel, in the shared dorm. They may have private rooms. Very good bar and pilgrims meal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-112706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-112706_Chrome.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 6
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here are some stages that should work for you

Santiago - Negreira 21 km
Negreira - Lago (Mazaricos) 25 km
Lago (Mazaricos) - Dumbría 16.5 km
Dumbría - Muxía 22 km

At Lago (Mazaricos) stay at the wonderful Albergue Monte Aro, and in Dumbría you can't miss the fantastic Xunta albergue there, which was built with money from the founder of the Zara stores who is from the region.

From Gronze (Google translated):

With a modern and spectacular design, it was a gift from the Galician businessman Amancio Ortega, owner of the Inditex group (Zara, Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho and Zara Home). Next door there is a municipal complex with a swimming pool, gym, library and internet room, which pilgrims staying at the hostel can freely use.

Here are some stages that should work for you

Santiago - Negreira 21 km
Negreira - Lago (Mazaricos) 25 km
Lago (Mazaricos) - Dumbría 16.5 km
Dumbría - Muxía 22 km

At Lago (Mazaricos) stay at the wonderful Albergue Monte Aro, and in Dumbría you can't miss the fantastic Xunta albergue there, which was built with money from the founder of the Zara stores who is from the region.

From Gronze (Google translated):

With a modern and spectacular design, it was a gift from the Galician businessman Amancio Ortega, owner of the Inditex group (Zara, Pull&Bear, Massimo Dutti, Bershka, Stradivarius, Oysho and Zara Home). Next door there is a municipal complex with a swimming pool, gym, library and internet room, which pilgrims staying at the hostel can freely use.
Thank you for your advice Trecile!

Hi all,
is fully booked.
Hi. Marc and Christel. We are in Saintiago having completed our third Camino. We leave Saintiago tomorrow to walk to Finisterre then Muxia. Being in the older demographic we prefer not to walk long days. While we are doing the Finisterre to Muxia in reverse to your intentions. We have resolved the lack of accommodation at Santa Marina by booking at Casa Jurjo which is 2.8km off the Camino but they will pick you up from Santa Marina and drop you back next day. Two other off Camino options here are Santa Eulalia and Hotel Xalias. We have found on this our third Camino that you need to be a bit inventive to gain accommodation at some stages. ( We picked up this tip from feedback of other pilgrims) Enjoy.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
5 years ago in San Martiño de Ozón / Quintáns I stayed at the Pensión Plaza. It met all of my needs.

Hi. Marc and Christel. We are in Saintiago having completed our third Camino. We leave Saintiago tomorrow to walk to Finisterre then Muxia. Being in the older demographic we prefer not to walk long days. While we are doing the Finisterre to Muxia in reverse to your intentions. We have resolved the lack of accommodation at Santa Marina by booking at Casa Jurjo which is 2.8km off the Camino but they will pick you up from Santa Marina and drop you back next day. Two other off Camino options here are Santa Eulalia and Hotel Xalias. We have found on this our third Camino that you need to be a bit inventive to gain accommodation at some stages. ( We picked up this tip from feedback of other pilgrims) Enjoy.
Great information, thank you and enjoy your further Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back