• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamp in Burgos at 7am...??

Annette

-It is difficult for me to keep my legs and feet in a calm position.
-It is difficult for me to keep my fokus entirely on work...
-and it is difficult for me to wait much longer.

In only 15 days my train will leave Barcelona with me on board in one of the "beds" and I will arrive in Burgos 06:53am - does anyone know where I can get a stamp at this early hour in Burgos as the cathedral does not open until 10am... and... well it the albergue in (in the park) on the way out of Burgos still there? - maybe it is posible to get a stamp there as it will be open (pilgrims will be leaving).

I have never during my previous Camino's stayed in Burgos... so I am blank... and I would love to have a stamp from my starting point. BURGOS.

I would like to start walking on arrival... and not wait til the cathedral opens.

anyone??

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello Anette, thanks by the way for some photos you posted a while ago. That would have been the Camino del Norte? Stamp in Burgos at 0653. Tall order. It would take a while to walk from the main station and although I have heard that the refugio in the park is now closed, there seems to be a new one open, which is near the Cathedral. They can most probably help you. If not there are a few early bars on the way out of Burgos who would surely be happy to oblige. You could also have a half day in Burgos and see the Church again, sleeping in one of those first villages on the way to Hontanas.

Hope this helps,

Best, Kevin

...and as you are walking from the bus station, why not get your first stamp there? Buen Camino, Janet

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Annette - how exciting - only 14 more sleeps!!
el Parral in the park is no more. There is a new albergue in town.
You can get sellos at Police Stations and possibly there will be an open cafe bar with sellos. Some small churches that open early have a stamp pad and stamp on a table in the doorway; you might be lucky to find one of those open. I think they like to be there for the early morning peregrinos.

try in RENFE train station, otherwise, albergues should be up and running by 7, no doubt.

buen camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Muchisíma gracias a todos /Thank you very much everyone...

I have been informed that there is an albergue on Calle Fernán Gonzalez 28 (near the cathedral) which I already loacated on http://www.callejero.paginasamarillas.es and printed.
Should be easy to locate within 10-15 min from the renfe st. :-D

It means something to me to get the "right" peregrino stamp in my credencial as a renfe stamp or af stamp from ex. "Bar de la Plaza" not really means the same to me.

My camino is just around the corner now ;-) Only 2 weeks away. WooooHooooo....!! :D

Lurte om det var deg med bildene fra Camino del Norte. Så fant jeg websiden! Du faar koser deg Annette! Hils til Ivar når du ser ham,

Kev

Kevin F. O*brien said:
Lurte om det var deg med bildene fra Camino del Norte. Så fant jeg websiden! Du faar koser deg Annette! Hils til Ivar når du ser ham,

Kev

Hej Kevin...

Jeg har kun postet mine Camino del Norte fotos her: http://www.raunsbjerg.dk/Norte_photos.htm og et par stykker i dette forum... - Jeg skal nok sige hej til Ivar når/hvis jeg ser ham ;-)

for others:

Hi Kevin
I have only postet my Camino del Norte photos here: http://www.raunsbjerg.dk/Norte_photos.htm and a few in this forum. I will remember to say I to Ivar when/if I seen him ;-)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well, I just called the albergue in Burgos in Calle Fernán Gonzalez 28 - and unfortunately it seems complicated to get a stamp at this early hour - as the person who gives the stamps wont be there so early.

- However I will give it a try anyway. You never know. Uno nunca sabe lo que va a pasar

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.