• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stamp to Credentiale

Vikk

Time of past OR future Camino
Can I get my first stamp to Credenciale on AirPort Oviedo? If yes, then where?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Possibly at the turismo desk? The Guardia Civil? Why not wait until you get to Oviedo? There is a special sello from the Camera Santa at the Cathedral.

There is a special place for the first stamp. If you are keen to get one at the airport then ask them not to use the spot for the first one and instead get that at the Cathedral as suggested above.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Possibly at the turismo desk? The Guardia Civil? Why not wait until you get to Oviedo? There is a special sello from the Camera Santa at the Cathedral.
Because I do not go to downtown, I start Camino del Norte immediately from airport. But thank you for reply, I will try to contact Information desk :)

Because I do not go to downtown, I start Camino del Norte immediately from airport. But thank you for reply, I will try to contact Information desk :)

Unless you want to get your first sello at the point where you start walking (and some pilgrims will), and depending on your route, I would rather pick one up at the ayuntamiento in San Juan de Arena, or if going by Soto del Barco, the hotel at Palacio de Magdalena (the old summer residence of the bishops of Oviedo, from the days when bishops had summer palaces) has a splendid sello. If the airport turismo has none, the pilgrim has recourse to bars and cafés for sellos--- Spain is a land of sellos. I have several guardia civil sellos and a military sello as well as one from a hospital where I took a suddenly ill pilgrim.

Another possibility (you can put this in the unasked advice category) is that church-going pilgrims will often have their first sello from their home parish.

If you are keen to get one at the airport then ask them not to use the spot for the first one and instead get that at the Cathedral as suggested above.
That's a nice idea if you want to save that first bigger box for a special stamp, or if you want to get that spot stamped by your church at home, but it isn't necessary to put any stamp (or any particular stamp) in that space.

In other words, don't worry about the placement of the stamps.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.