• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Stanstead Airport/Flight Connection ?

baron

Hi all,
Question about the start of my camino in April.
I'm flying into Stanstead Airport (London) on Air Berlin, then connecting to RyanAir going to Biarritz (eventually on to SJPP).
When I booked these tickets originally, there were at least 2 hours between these connections. BUT since that time, the departure time on my Air Berlin flight's been changed to be later and later. As of today, there is 1 hour and 15 minutes between Air Berlin landing and my RynanAir connection taking off.
My question is, is anyone familiar with Stanstead Airport's layout? Do you think this will be enough time to make my connection? I'm starting to worry a bit.
Many thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ryanair check in terms are as follows:

Airport Check-In
Standard opening of check-in desks is 2 hours prior to scheduled time of departure. Ryanair recommends that passengers check in two hours prior to scheduled departure, especially if you have Checked Baggage.

Check-in desks, self-service kiosks and Bag-Drops close strictly 40 minutes before scheduled departure. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and deny you boarding if you do not comply with the Check-in Deadline.

Online Check-In
• Qualifying passengers may check-in online free of charge from 14 days up to 4 hours prior to flight departure on http://www.ryanair.com.
• To qualify for Online Check-in each passenger must be an EU/EEA citizen (including Switzerland) and present either a valid passport or National Identity Card, issued by the government of an EU/ European Economic Area (EEA) country which matches the document details printed on their online boarding pass, at both airport security and the departure gate. (See paragraph headed "Documentation" for details of accepted EEA National Identity Cards).
• The following passengers do not qualify for Online Check-in:
o Passengers travelling with checked baggage
o Children aged between 14 and 17 years travelling alone
o Passengers travelling with infants (*)
o Passengers travelling with mobility equipment (including children's pushchairs)
o Passengers with reduced mobility, blind/visually impaired passengers including those travelling with a sighted companion or guide dog (*)
o Passengers who require special assistance at the airport (*)
o Online Check-In is not available from Romanian & Moroccan Airports
o Passengers travelling on a passport which is due to expire within 30 days from the date of travel
o Passengers who have reserved an extra seat for musical instruments, fragile/valuable items or comfort.
o When there are more than 9 passengers booked in a reservation
o Passengers travelling on the same reservation with a passenger who is not entitled to Online Check-in.

While Stansted is not a multi terminal airport the time taken to pick up any baggage you have checked in and the limitations that Ryanair impose with their strict check in times means that if you have checked baggage you are very close to the limits even without any delays. They will not transfer your bags for you as proper scheduled airlines. If you are able to travel with just carry on baggage you should be OK as long as you have checked in online with Ryanair.

Remember if your Air Berlin flight is delayed Ryanair will not offer any refunds because you were unable to catch their flight.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks so much for the information. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for the online check-in because I'm an American citizen. I think I'm going to try to get an earlier flight into London, if possible, to make the RyanAir connection.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back