• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

stansted to gatwick

Help, I need help again.Can anybody tell me the fastes way from Stansted to Gatwick airport. I have to ketch a connecting Flight back to Canada and they changed the time on me. I have only 3 hours now before I had 5. I know it takes over 2 hours by train. Is there a direct Bus? Thank you Harriet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
bus

sorry to be the bearer of bad news. i did that trip, national express bus, had a direct bus between airports but i am sure it takes 3 - 3 1/2 hours. everything depends on traffic. there is the quick gatwick express, it goes from downtown london, and from stansted to heathrow is at least 1 1/2 hours. good luck.
dawn

There is a bus between STN and LGW, but it goes via Heathrow, so takes nearly 3 hours and, as Dawn says, may be delayed by traffic. http://www.nationalexpress.com/

Train is via central London. STN to Liverpool St, then tube to Victoria and train to LGW. Allow at least 2 hours for connections.

Your only alternative is to get a quote for a taxi. However, don't expect this to be cheap, and with traffic delays might well not be faster than train. (It's around 75 miles by motorway.) http://www.stanstedairport.com/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
2 fast, frequent train services and a tube trip should be fine

Tfl journey planner gives a time of 1hr 40mins for the combined train and tube journeys - slight extra time for Sunday journeys and occasionally on Sundays buses might replace trains to Stansted but I think you can ignore the taxi or bus alternatives as they'll be slower

Be especially aware of what 'spursfan' says in his second paragraph. Track work at the weekend can play havoc with the train schedules and when alternative bus services are provided as they follow the train route they take many times as long to cover the same distance.

Buen Camino
William

Harriet, i talked to you back in feb. my recommendation would be to change your arrival into london by a day. You were flying british airways?? How about to Spain. i would check, to see if this can be changed. there are great hostels in london for around 17 lbs. about $36 cdn. may be cheaper than worrying about if you are going to make it.

thanks peter for throwing in the bus website.
dawn

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you everybody for your reply. After the Camino I am flying to Berlin and then take Air Berlin after a week. I will try to rebook but I am glad you told me there is no other way.Thanks again Harriet

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.