• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Star Albergues in the Camino portugués de la Costa

Olimpia

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago Frances (2014)
Camino del Norte (2017)
I am at Vigo. Just have to let you all know how wonderful, restful and peaceful last night was at Pensión La Chica. C.Tomas Mirabal 65 Nigran I felt right at home. Antonio was a great host. Please try to stop there. You will not regret it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am at Vigo. Just have to let you all know how wonderful, restful and peaceful last night was at Pensión La Chica. C.Tomas Mirabal 65 Nigran I felt right at home. Antonio was a great host. Please try to stop there. You will not regret it.
Thanks. I will need to look it up. We will be walking the Coastal in October.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you very much for your information as I'll be there in early September, and will appreciate the info about booking-need and price. Suppose Vigo is nice place to rest for a day? Do they accept the stay for two night?

Did you pre-book your stay?
I emailed the albergue. Antonio responded with the confirmation. He even said to come any time. I left Biona and had a wonderful about 3 hours walk to his albergue My private double bed room.was €12. I felt I could have paid him much more for such a pleasant stay.

I emailed the albergue. Antonio responded with the confirmation. He even said to come any time. I left Biona and had a wonderful about 3 hours walk to his albergue My private double bed room.was €12. I felt I could have paid him much more for such a pleasant stay.
Pensión La Chica in Nigran ..This is the WhatsApp number+34 699 96 62 60..The information is included in Gronze's Albergues list too.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you. How did u like Baiona? We are going to stay there too. We are taking our time this time and enjoying our camino.

Thank you. How did u like Baiona? We are going to stay there too. We are taking our time this time and enjoying our camino.
I enjoyed the walk in and out of Baiona. It is a beautiful place. Gorgeous promenade with hanging baskets with flowers. It was cloudy and rainy so did not have the opportunity to stay out for more than get something to eat. The Albergue Estela do Mar was nice with bunk beds with curtains for privacy and enough open space to seat outside. If you enjoy the beach and have good
Weather you need to try to overnight in A Guarda at Hostal del Mar. I had a comfortable room with two beds overlooking the sea just across the albergue. It's like a bay of beautiful clear, tranquil waters and soft white sand. I did not bring a swimsuit but rolled my pants and walked barefooted for sometime until the restaurant next to the Albergue opened. It is a nice restaurant..
That Albergue at A Guarda is to me another Star Albergue.The room was clean and comfortable, the man ( forgot his name) managing it was very nice and attentive, the bathroom was a little small but i had a very pleasant sleep.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you so much for the information. We are excited about our camino. We will start towards the end of September. Buen camino!!

I couldn't see it on Gronze and is Nigran on the littoral or actual coastal route?

I couldn't see it on Gronze and is Nigran on the littoral or actual coastal route?
It is on Gronze. Camino Portugués de la Costa. Etapa 8B: A Ramallosa - Vigo (por el litoral) look under Albergues: A Bouza Vella.Pension La Chica. As you walk from Baiona, you cross to Ramallosa and there you turn left and continue on.the coast to Playa America, Playa de Panxon, Playa de Patos..and continue on the coast towards Saians, Oia and Vigo. I usually use Maps on my phone and enter the addresses of the albergues or wherever I need to go and it gets me there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
NNo such place in Vigo. Do you mean Pontevedra? Also not in Gronze.
It is on your way to Vigo on the coast, after you cross the bridge in Ramallosa you turn left and walk towards Vigo. You pass Playa America, Playa Boxon, Nigran, A Bauza Bella, Playa de Patos, Saians, Oía, Playa de Samil, until you get to Vigo. I left Pension La Chica early morning and arrived my hotel in Vigo in the early afternoon.

It would be difficult for a Pension in A bouza-vella to be in Vigo, no?

I did not say the pension was in Vigo. I said i was in Vigo after spending the night before in Pension La Chica in Bouza Vella, Nigran. And yes it is in Gronze. I have used Gronze for all my caminos. It is in the Etapa Ramallosa to Vigo por la Costa.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did not say pension La Chica was in Vigo. I said i was in Vigo after spending the night before in Pension La Chica in Bouza Vella, Nigran. And yes it is on Gronze. Please see: 'Camino Portugués de la Costa. Etapa 8B: A Ramallosa - Vigo (por el litoral)' look under Albergues: A Bou have

@Olimpia i am in total agreement with you. It was @Aysen Mustafa ’s assertion that there was no such place had me even more bewildered than usual
Thank you Tincatinker. I am on my way to Padrón. Calda de Reis is a nature's paradise.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One of the perils of auto-translation. I found that the simple, and repetitive, Spanish used in Gronze was easy to learn and understand. I’ll only use a translation app if I’m struggling to understand a review comment or other note.

One of the perils of auto-translation. I found that the simple, and repetitive, Spanish used in Gronze was easy to learn and understand. I’ll only use a translation app if I’m struggling to understand a review comment or other note.
I use it for the review comments but it automatically translates now.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Don't trust a computer to deliver accurate translations. Here is a good example. In the New Testament (Matthew 26:41), Jesus tells his disciples: “The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” A literal translation is: " The Vodka is good, but the meat is raw ..

Ok. mystery solved, I am using the English version of Gronze.
I didn't think there was an English version of Gronze, just the Spanish version. Some people use Google Translate or other online tools to translate it into English (I have done that myself some times). If you are doing that, be aware that the tools don't always distinguish between place names and words and will inconsistently translate place names into English words.

Redondela becomes
Round it off, and I think Descantes unemployed. My Spanish is minimal but I will take more care with translations.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I need help with getting to Almería from Santiago June 7. Have tried searching with no luck. Can you point me to the right direction?

Almeria? Rome2rio is full of suggestions. None quick or comfortable. You’ll do better to search Santiago to Madrid then Madrid to Almeria. Flying will be quickest, train a bit more environmentally friendly. Buses if you want an adventure

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back