• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Start date July21/22

Karlszgz

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Good evening,
I am considering walking the coastal route from 21st/22nd July start date from Porto. My summer plans have suddenly freed up and its something I really have wanted to do for a while now. And as i have a 14 day period well I think the Porto-Santiago option is a good plan. I really would love to do coastal route but i will be travelling alone, is this advisable or not?Would I best to book ahead for these dates? I probably would like to use the bag service.
Any help would be great
Karla

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I’m on the Portugués now and I’m doing the coastal. I crossed over to Tui at Caminha. It has been very pleasant and there’s always people around. I walk very slowly and meet everybody because they all pass me and it is very safe. Only the cars are scary

You will be fine walking the coastal alone this time of year. Carry a whistle to attract attention, just in case, and put the "AlertCops" Spanish app on your phone if you need the police. It is in English so no worries about the language barrier.
14 days should be enough to do the Coastal. We did it in 12, but had some long days, and no rest days. If you wish to see our itinerary, check out my blog, starting on day 15. (we started in Lisbon).
Glad you can fit in a Camino this summer! Take something to swim in, because there are absolutely marvelous beaches along this route!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back