• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Start from home to santiago (i try for the second time) hopefully arriving may 20 in SJPDP

Johnny mp

johnny camino
Time of past OR future Camino
camino de france
Hi my camino friends, i start march the first again to try reach Santiago de compostela, last year i had to stop after 200 km beceause foot problems... but i don't give up i try it again... i hope that i arrivé in SJPDP At may 19th and start the last part from the camino at may 20th... fingers crossed...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi my camino friends, i start march the first again to try reach Santiago de compostela, last year i had to stop after 200 km beceause foot problems... but i don't give up i try it again... i hope that i arrivé in SJPDP At may 19th and start the last part from the camino at may 20th... fingers crossed...

All the best Johnny!

Will you start again from home or from the 200k. point?

Goede reis/ Bon Chemin from a fellow Belgian.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
No Sabine. I start again from home. (Genk) i want do the whole camino in one time not in peaces... it's gonna be roundabout 2750 km...
Dankjewel Sabine. X

Wonderful!
Genk? Now, that means you can do some serious hilltraining on the minedumps!

Great! If you like you can always send me a PM so I can cheer you on when you walk out of Limburg.
Greetings from Haspengouw ;).

Wonderful!
Genk? Now, that means you can do some serious hilltraining on the minedumps!

Great! If you like you can always send me a PM so I can cheer you on when you walk out of Limburg.
Greetings from Haspengouw ;).
Hihi yes i can do it, and did it already... i get in touch with you, when i close to you'r place... thx

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino! Walking from home is simply - beyond words ;-)
SY
I know, in the past i thinking by my self "i most be crazy to do this" but you know what...... i am crazy.... i'm looking forward to it, and it was the only reasenable solution... the first time i walked the camino i did 500 km.... i was one year pissed off that why i didn't the whole way... means 800km. So the after the first one i start in SJPDP to go it again.... but ...... actually, the camino start from my home (door) .... So i taught by My self.... damn.. i have to do this.. So i will start here.... hopefully i make it this year to santiago de compostela!!

I had a similar experience: First camino I walked from Roncesvalles and met near Los Arcos a pilgrim who had walked from home (Netherlands). I was like 'what the ... nobody told me you could do this'. 15 years later I walked from home - best decision and let to a LOT of life changes. Buen Camino and say hello when you are in Santiago!
SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good luck you have my respect.

Stop at Beilari and stay or say hi. I am volunteering there May 18 until the 24th. Keep your pack light and take a 5 minute break with your feet up every hour and you will keep your feet happy. Good luck

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good luck, buen camino, goede reis!

I know, in the past i thinking by my self "i most be crazy to do this" but you know what...... i am crazy....

Yes, you must be crazy. In fact, I think it is imperative that more people go crazy like that - this, rather than the usual sort, is the kind of crazyness the world certainly could do with a little more of...

Nothing will stop you this time!

Buen Camino!! 🌻🌻

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Good luck with this pilgrimage. When one thinks back to medieval times, pilgrims would have started from home and taken every conceivable means of transport in addition to walking to get to SdeC.. Over three seasons 2015-2017 (I live in Canada and can't leave the homefront for more that 14 walking days at a time) I walked from my birthplace in Newark, Nottinghamshire in the UK down to Portsmouth and then the next year after crossing to Santander by ship, undertook the first of two summers on the Norte. Great time and a great sense of accomplishment!

I know, in the past i thinking by my self "i most be crazy to do this" but you know what...... i am crazy.... i'm looking forward to it, and it was the only reasenable solution... the first time i walked the camino i did 500 km.... i was one year pissed off that why i didn't the whole way... means 800km. So the after the first one i start in SJPDP to go it again.... but ...... actually, the camino start from my home (door) .... So i taught by My self.... damn.. i have to do this.. So i will start here.... hopefully i make it this year to santiago de compostela!!

Congratulations Johnny. What an amazing goal you have set for yourself. I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing you all the best and offer you our support for your journey. I, and perhaps others as well, would love to somehow follow your journey. Will you be posting your progress somewhere online? I’d love to subscribe and follow your progress.

Courage mon ami. Prend soin. Buen Camino.

Congratulations Johnny. What an amazing goal you have set for yourself. I’m sure I’m not alone in wishing you all the best and offer you our support for your journey. I, and perhaps others as well, would love to somehow follow your journey. Will you be posting your progress somewhere online? I’d love to subscribe and follow your progress.

Courage mon ami. Prend soin. Buen Camino.

Hi YMMV, thank you for the wishes, i can use them, hihi.... and about the online postings… hmmmm i'am a littlebit lazy about writing a blog, in my past camino's i Always start to wright and after two or tree days it was stopped, so no blog from me…. but i have on YouTube a channel and will do it like i did there in the past, so i make almost everyday a little video or picture video... you can find my channel on the name " johnny camino" it's with the same profilpicture like here on the forum... feel free to visit the my channel….
greetings Johnny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Johnny
I found your YouTube channel and subscribed.
Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Johnny
I found your YouTube channel and subscribed.
Buen Camino.

thx for subscribing, i hope i don't disapount you all, and don't expect to much serious talk, that would be not me.... i like to talk just for fun and say just what come up te me in my mind, and will switch sometimes with pictureslides... regards Johnny

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You have another subscriber.

thx for subscribing, i hope i don't disapount you all, and don't expect to much serious talk, that would be not me.... i like to talk just for fun and say just what come up te me in my mind, and will switch sometimes with pictureslides... regards Johnny

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back