• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Start in SJPP in September

nreyn12

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
nreyn12 submitted a new resource:

Just to Get Started - The Camino Experience - Your Pilgrimage, Your Way

Hi everyone,

My name is Nancy, and I am a long-time pilgrim and now a guide on the Camino Francés. A couple of years ago I started leading pilgrim groups from Saint Jean Pied de Port - for people who wanted to walk the Camino independently but who want some assistance, just to get started.

I work with pilgrims on all the pre-travel planning and preparation, then I meet their train or bus in SJPP, and then we are together on the trail for four days, as far as Pamplona. From there, they all...

Read more about this resource...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Nancy I am sure some people find this service useful but the one thing I really liked and attracted me to the camino was the fact you just turn up and learn as you go......no booking required.....except Orrison of course.......the hardest part was trying to work out how to get a bus ticket from the the station in BaYonne. Enjoy your September camino s.

Fiona, yes, many people do just that! I am one of them...I walked the Camino many times before I realized how many people would benefit from just a little assistance at the beginning. I have met so many people on the trail who 'wish' they had had some of the information I share with my pilgrims, before coming to the trail or in the first few days.

My service is not for everyone, but those who use it get really great value :)

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back