• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

start my first CF on 3.april

Anh68

Time of past OR future Camino
CF-(april 2017)
Hi :) i am a new member - from norway this is my first el Camino. I arrive by train from Bordeaux - SJPP at appr 12-13 pm I have not decide i will start from SJPP Or Roncesvalles. The weater decide my first day. How do i get to Roncesvalles from SJPP? By taxi/ buss?
Yes the Orrison have not open yet when i send them a recevation.
I hope to meet some of you on my way.
I count down the days and can not wait to start my adventure of life.
See you soon ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @Ahn68
Welcome to the forum.
Not long to go now!
I start from SJPdP on 2 April but chances are you will meet me because I am a slow walker. Rain is forecast for the first couple of days but the temperatures are moderate for this time of year. It will be a good test of our rain gear. :)
Buen camino

Hi :) i am a new member - from norway this is my first el Camino. I arrive by train from Bordeaux - SJPP at appr 12-13 pm I have not decide i will start from SJPP Or Roncesvalles. The weater decide my first day. How do i get to Roncesvalles from SJPP? By taxi/ buss?
See you soon ;)
You can take a bus or taxi from SJDP if you choose not to walk to Roncesvalle. IMO Orrison is too close to SJDP to stop on the first night. Start early and walk all the way to Roncesvalle....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
We have a conversation started for those beginning during the first week of April from SJPdP (arrive on 2 of April, I also start on the 3rd of April). I will invite you, if you are not already on the lists.

We have a conversation started for those beginning during the first week of April from SJPdP (arrive on 2 of April, I also start on the 3rd of April). I will invite you, if you are not already on the lists.

Hi there, I am also planning to arrive in the 1st week of April, a very last minute change of plans, I had wanted to do it in May as I thought the route would be busier and I would like to meet lots of pilgrims but it looks like I will have to leave in April now. Would be great if you could invite me to the conversation for those starting the 1st week of April, this will be my 1st Camino :) Are there many people who leave in April?

Hi there, I am also planning to arrive in the 1st week of April, a very last minute change of plans, I had wanted to do it in May as I thought the route would be busier and I would like to meet lots of pilgrims but it looks like I will have to leave in April now. Would be great if you could invite me to the conversation for those starting the 1st week of April, this will be my 1st Camino :) Are there many people who leave in April?

What are your logistics and starting date?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
See you soon ;)
I will be leaving SJPP on the 12th, hope to see you!!

What are your logistics and starting date?

Hi sorry for the delay, I have been trying to sort out the last minute change of plan to start the Camino next week, at the moment it looks like I will arrive in St Jean on Wednesday 5th April. So I will stay there the night and leave on the 6th April. I have downloaded the list of places to stay and struggling to find a website for the municipal in St Jean to book it. Anyone have a link they can send me? Thanks !

I have downloaded the list of places to stay and struggling to find a website for the municipal in St Jean to book it. Anyone have a link they can send me? Thanks !

The municipal albergue in SJPdP does not accept reservations.
However when you arrive in town go to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle on the camino. They will find you a bed/bunk for the night.

The office is open every day and in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions. They can also help locate a bed/bunk for the night. Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims. ...Do plan to stop and chat.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The municipal albergue in SJPdP does not accept reservations.
However when you arrive in town go to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle on the camino. They will find you a bed/bunk for the night.

The office is open every day and in season from early in the morning until late at night ie after the arrival of the last bus/train. The helpful multi-lingual volunteers can provide you with a Credential and stamp if needed, as well as a list of major albergues and current weather/ trail conditions. They can also help locate a bed/bunk for the night. Most importantly the office is a great spot to meet/ greet other pilgrims. ...Do plan to stop and chat.

thank you ! that's very useful

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back