• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Started Camino 28th June

Elizabeth twist

Time of past OR future Camino
Lisbon to Porto in June /July and Porto to Santiago in September/ October '2017'
Fellow pilgrims we started our Camino in Lisbon on the 27th June. On the 28th we stayed in a functional friendly hostel in Alpriarte. This hostel is open 2-6. If you arrive later than 6 you may not be let in and there is nowhere else to stay in the village. The walk slow my the river to get to Alpriarte is enjoyable and he cool breeze is a very pleasant addition, note you will need to sit on the ground if you need a rest as there are no rocks benches nor any thing high to dig on.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Elizabeth, I hope you enjoy every step. Maybe I will see you on the second half of your journey in September. I expect to be going through Porto about 8 September and will take the Central Route as I walked the Coastal Route last year. Watch for a bald guy with a grey handlebar moustache.

Bom Caminho!

We discovered that the cafe in Reguengo was not open this is a very small village with little signs of life. We hobbled to the next village Valada where there was sleeping accommodation. My walking complain having very painful blisters we wanted to get to a big town. A very kind local in Valada ( I believe he owned the first coffee shop as you entered the village on the right hand side). Dropped us to the train station. We got a local train to Santarem, and a taxi to Santa Casa da Misericordia.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.JPG
    IMG_3492.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    926.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    545 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3529.JPG
    IMG_3529.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3536.JPG
    IMG_3536.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Elizabeth, I hope you enjoy every step. Maybe I will see you on the second half of your journey in September. I expect to be going through Porto about 8 September and will take the Central Route as I walked the Coastal Route last year. Watch for a bald guy with a grey handlebar moustache.

Bom Caminho!
Hi we have not agreeded on a start date for September yet. I know we need to be in Santiago on the 11 due to commitments. We will be walking the costal route any tips you can give for this route will be very welcome.

Hi we have not agreeded on a start date for September yet. I know we need to be in Santiago on the 11 due to commitments. We will be walking the costal route any tips you can give for this route will be very welcome.

Last year after crossing the Minho river I left Caminha without food and did not find any food or water all day. I found a local person working in her yard and was able to get water from her. Again the next day leaving Ramalhosa I found no food or water until Freixo. Definitely plan ahead and maybe your luck will be better than mine.

Bom Caminho!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back