• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Started our Camino

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
Day 2 of our Camino.
We (my wife Rachel and I) are walking from Switzerland to SdC.
We started yesterday from Switzerland, walking what is known as the "Bretelle du Chablais", linking the Chablais region in Switzerland to Geneva, on the south side of Lake Geneva.
We're then walking the via Gebennensis to Le Puy-en-Velay.
After a few days in Le Puy, we're going to SJPDP on the via Podiensis.
To connect to the Camino del Norte, we're walking the Voie Nive-Bidassoa from SJPDP to Hendaye.
We have a blog, which we started when we left home in Australia: www.polarsteps.com/AndrewGuillaume.
It is bilingual so Rachel's family can follow.
Day 1 was interesting, and having survived this, we reckon the Camino from Irun will be totally feasible.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Day 2 of our Camino.
We started yesterday from Switzerland, walking what is known as the "Bretelle du Chablais", linking the Chablais region in Switzerland to Geneva, on the south side of Lake Geneva.
To connect to the Camino del Norte, we're walking the Voie Nive-Bidassoa from SJPDP to Hendaye.
We have a blog, which we started when we left home in Australia: www.polarsteps.com/AndrewGuillaume.
Day 1 was interesting, and having survived this, we reckon the Camino from Irun will be totally feasible.
This being Tuesday morning, I am up to date with your blog entries. You both look so happy! What a marvellous trip. I almost feel as if I am travelling with you!

Bookmarked! Thank you for sharing and all the very best for your pilgrimage.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just bumping this to the top in case others, like me, have forgotten about AJ's glorious walk. He and his wife are now on Day 57, now about two weeks into the LePuy route. There are great pictures. I find the polarsteps site a bit hard to navigate, but I've discovered that by putting the mouse on the little walker up top, I can move across the time line to see posts from whichever day I land on.

Just bumping this to the top in case others, like me, have forgotten about AJ's glorious walk. He and his wife are now on Day 57, now about two weeks into the LePuy route. There are great pictures. I find the polarsteps site a bit hard to navigate, but I've discovered that by putting the mouse on the little walker up top, I can move across the time line to see posts from whichever day I land on.

Thank you Laurie!
Our blog includes some pre-walk stuff. We're starting our 40th day of walking, and things are going well. Thanks to @davebugg 's advice, my leg problems disappeared a few days after I reported them, and we're blister free.
We've been lucky with the weather, only had 3 days over all when we had to walk in the rain. Thunderstorms are forecasted for today though...
Between Geneva and Le Puy, we walked alone most of the time, and didn't have much interaction with pilgrims.
Here on the Podiensis, in comparison, we're meeting lots of people.
In two days we'll be in Conques, where we have a day's rest.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks to @davebugg 's advice, my leg problems disappeared a few days after I reported them, and we're blister free.

There’s got to be a special place in heaven reserved for @davebugg.

I am glad the weather has been so good for you, what a wonderful camino. And lucky you to be able to bring in family for a respite in LePuy!

I am bringing AJ’s post up to the top in case there were people who missed it and would enjoy the polarsteps site. This is an epic walk, from Switzerland through France and on to the Norte. I have to admit slight tinges of longing always creep in when I look at the latest posts, but they are outweighed by the fun it is to follow along. I am particularly looking forward to the Norte segment, because I think AJ has plans to take every single coastal alternative I was able to find for 2017, and then a few more he found since then. I cannot wait to follow!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm so envious! What a great trip. Thanks @peregrina2000 for bumping the thread - I had not seen it before. Interesting too to see how PolarSteps works - I've started using FindPenguins and love it (especially the hardcover book at the end) but PolarSteps also looks interesting.

Day 2 of our Camino.

AJ, my computer is constantly freezing up when I try to see your site, not to mention my phone and ipad. I think it may have something to do wtih the fact that you have 3199 photos, but I am no tech expert so I could be wrong.

Any ideas from anyone else about how to see this site?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
AJ, my computer is constantly freezing up when I try to see your site, not to mention my phone and ipad. I think it may have something to do wtih the fact that you have 3199 photos, but I am no tech expert so I could be wrong.

Any ideas from anyone else about how to see this site?

Laurie, I'm not sure why this would happen, but the fact that I have heaps of photos could be a reason.
My suggestions: try different browsers, or use the app.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I had the same issue using Chrome browser. Shifted over to Sierra and that worked ok (slow load). App on phone seems oriented to only tracking one's own route, not reading another's blog.

@Kitsambler , I use the app on the phone, and I am also following two other friends doing their Camino, one on the Frances, and one the Stevenson.
When I start the app, at the bottom of the screen there is a symbol showing 2 heads: if I click on that, I can choose other friends' routes.
The slow load would be because I have so many steps and photos. In hindsight, I should have done a new trip for each Camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
Preparing from Tasmania (island state of Australia) to walk about a month of the VP at my slow pace (maybe average 15km/day) with just the essentials on my back (so currently obsessed with the...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back