• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Starting April 25th 2023, Valencia, Levante

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome to the forum! You may have already found your way around the forum, but in case you haven't, I'll refer you to the sub-forum for the Levante, here, so you can browse through threads specifically about that route. In particular this thread is a detailed planning exercise that was developed during the pandemic lockdowns.

You have posted in an appropriate place ("Introduce yourself...") but it might be moved later to the Levante forum.

Also, consider posting your starting date and place on this thread, just in case someone else is planning for around that date.

Hi I believe you have just started your Camino Levante? I have done many but not this one, considering doing in a week or two work dependant. How are you getting on with it please ?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well. First impressions after 4 days. Tough in the current heat. But doing early 5am starts. There are limited places to stay and there seems to be a lot of road walking and walking next to roads or train lines. But it's early in the Camino. Only other caminos I have done are Camino Ingles and Camino Catalan. Both had a more natural feel to them. When are you due to start?

There are limited places to stay and there seems to be a lot of road walking and walking next to roads or train lines. But it's early in the Camino.
Buen camino, @jasonpower. Yes, the first four days are almost exclusively asphalt and that gets very wearing. But after that, things change dramatically. I loved this camino, with its endless open fields of bright green grain (I started a few weeks later than you, on May 1, but I’ll bet spring has sprung!). So many nice towns for an afternoon, with plazas, churches, museums. Huge fields of bright red poppies. Surprisingly good albergue structure for a route with so few albergues (I think you can count on about half of your days in albergues, which isn’t bad, and after Zamora, the Sanabrés is full of them). Very few peregrinos, so this is a great walk for solitary reflection! But if you walked the Catalán, that won’t be anything new.

I’m assuming you have seen the guide from the Valencia Amigos, it’s very up to date and detailed. Click on the drop-down for Camino de Levante and then choose your stage/etapa!

Very buen camino to you, hoping you will come back with updates!

Buen camino, @jasonpower. Yes, the first four days are almost exclusively asphalt and that gets very wearing. But after that, things change dramatically. I loved this camino, with its endless open fields of bright green grain (I started a few weeks later than you, on May 1, but I’ll bet spring has sprung!). So many nice towns for an afternoon, with plazas, churches, museums. Huge fields of bright red poppies. Surprisingly good albergue structure for a route with so few albergues (I think you can count on about half of your days in albergues, which isn’t bad, and after Zamora, the Sanabrés is full of them). Very few peregrinos, so this is a great walk for solitary reflection! But if you walked the Catalán, that won’t be anything new.

I’m assuming you have seen the guide from the Valencia Amigos, it’s very up to date and detailed. Click on the drop-down for Camino de Levante and then choose your stage/etapa!

Well it has been more like summer here with high temperatures for April. And the wild flowers are looking great. Was a bit of heavy going along the highway to Almansa...but now out in the open plains and it is gorgeous. Almansa has to be a favourite place for me. Maybe because it was Friday evening of El puente when I arrived. Good vibes and amazing atmosphere...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I start from Valencia on 16th May and hoping to reach Santiago around 26th June. I've done the Sureste but will be following your posts. All the best

Hi Joe. I recommended staying in the albergue at Chinchilla. Antonio in the tourist office is a great help. And the town is amazing. A great place to spend some time for reenergising and enjoy the views. Buen camino.

Hi Joe. I recommended staying in the albergue at Chinchilla. Antonio in the tourist office is a great help. And the town is amazing. A great place to spend some time for reenergising and enjoy the views. Buen camino.
When I walked, that beautiful Albergue had not yet opened. We stayed at a kind of grungy truckstop down below. This looks like the royal treatment. Are you meeting other pilgrims?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I certainly will jasonpower. I knew it had opened and was on my list. What have been your stages to date and your accommodation stays?

When I walked, that beautiful Albergue had not yet opened. We stayed at a kind of grungy truckstop down below. This looks like the royal treatment. Are you meeting other pilgrims?
I met 2 pilgrims in Moixent in the albergue municipal. Then did a 5am start and haven't seen them since. I just met one pilgrim on the way from Albacete to La Roda. He just passed me and we may see each other at La Roda. Apart from that I haven't seen anyone else

Thanks just to confirm I did see the latest book from the Asociacion de Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Comunidad Valenciana. I decided it weighed too much and opted to use their website. They told me it has the same information. http://vieiragrino.com/en/
But it's out of date (2013). I have already updated the Asociacion of some.changes which they are grateful for receiving.

I certainly will jasonpower. I knew it had opened and was on my list. What have been your stages to date and your accommodation stays?
My stages may be different to yours as many days I have done 2 stages or 1.5 stages...i tried staying in albergues municipales when possible. But it's not always possible. Like today I am in La Roda and the key holder to the albergue municipal hasn't shown up, even when confirming with her on the phone. The police even went looking for her and couldnt locate her. Luckily I found a very welcoming hostal which I recommend. Hostal Amigos. She ended up calling apologizing as she had no mobile phone signal. If I can help with your stops then I will. Valencia, La Pobla Llarga, Xativa, Moixent, Almansa, Higueruela, Chinchilla, Albacete, La Roda

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.