A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Starting at Vilalba

Sharstef

Camino(s) past & future
Tui to Santiago 2017
I have done a section of Portuguese seaside and coastal route thinking of doing the last 120 km of Camino Norte starting at vilalba in may or would someone recommend a different route ? Just want to do about a week walking preferably finishing in Santiago de c

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
Have you checked out the Camino Ingles? It's quite lovely and fits your time frame. It also ends in SdC. Another option is the Camino Sanabres from Lubian or thereabouts.

andycohn

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2012,13,15); Finisterre / Muxia (15); Portugeuse (17); Primitivo (17); Norte (18); Ingles (18)
IMHO, last 120 k of Norte is more scenic — more tranquil, more rural — than the Ingles, especially if you take the new variant past Boimorto, and hit the Frances near O Pedrouzo or Lavacolla instead of Arzua. But everyone has his own opinion on these kinds of things.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
I have done a section of Portuguese seaside and coastal route thinking of doing the last 120 km of Camino Norte starting at vilalba in may or would someone recommend a different route ? Just want to do about a week walking preferably finishing in Santiago de c
Hi I just did this route from Vilalba in Sept and I recommend it. It was very beautiful with good hostels available with no pre booking. If you have questions let me know? Maggie

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%