A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Starting Cáceres 18 September

eamann

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Plata, Levante, Norte (part), Primitivo, Catalan, Lana (part), Madrid, D.V. Francés 2020
For the information of people who may be in that area at that time, I am pleased to announce that, God being willing, I will start out from Cáceres on Wednesday 18 September. Some years ago I walked the entire path from Sevilla to Santiago and more recently I walked from Sevilla to Hervas. Needless to say, I am looking forward very much to completing that second walk now.

Tinkatoe

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la plata "sept 2019"
For the information of people who may be in that area at that time, I am pleased to announce that, God being willing, I will start out from Cáceres on Wednesday 18 September. Some years ago I walked the entire path from Sevilla to Santiago and more recently I walked from Sevilla to Hervas. Needless to say, I am looking forward very much to completing that second walk now.
Great! I start in Sevilla on 11/09 , because I take it easy I will not be there on the 18th. It would have been nice because untill now it seems I walk there alone on the vdlp :)
Buen Camino, grt Tineke

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Great! I start in Sevilla on 11/09 , because I take it easy I will not be there on the 18th. It would have been nice because untill now it seems I walk there alone on the vdlp :)
Buen Camino, grt Tineke
Hi Tinkatoe
You’ll find good numbers walking the plata. If you want company., especially at end of day, you shouldn’t have a problem.
It’s a glorious camino.
Lucky you and buen camino
Annie

eamann

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Plata, Levante, Norte (part), Primitivo, Catalan, Lana (part), Madrid, D.V. Francés 2020
Hello Kinkatoe!

Don’t forget that this forum is frequented mainly by English-speakers. When you begin walking, you will find yourself in the company of non-English-speaking Europeans - French, Dutch, Germans, Swiss, Austrians, Italians and of course Spaniards.

The Vía de la Plata can be more than just a track to follow. If you want, since you are not pressed for time, it will give you a tremendous opportunity to immerse yourself in the history and present-day reality of Spain - Sevilla, gateway to America in Spain’s Golden Age, Andalucia, home to the poet Lorca, to flamenco, to gypsy culture, to poverty, high unemployment and corruption, Merida with its impressive Roman remains, Extremadura (the land beyond the Duero) which gave so many emigrants to the New World in the 16th. and 17th. centuries (think of Cape Cañaveral in Florida), to the building sites of Madrid and the tourist resorts in the 20th. century, Cáceres with its magnificent medieval historic centre, the vast Meseta, Salamanca, its plaza mayor, medieval university, Roman bridge, etc., etc., etc. Zafra, a few days walk north of Sevilla, was the scene of a massacre of Republican civilians (trade unionists, local politicians, teachers, journalists…) by the rebel troops at the start of the Civil War in 1936. And that is just scratching the surface...

As you walk, think about all those who have preceded you and try to sense the reverberation of their presence in the landscape - herdsmen moving flocks of cattle or sheep from north to south and back again, Roman officials and soldiers, Visigoth invaders, Arab and Berber armies and settlers, Jewish scholars and traders, Christian priests and officials, pilgrims from Andalucia on their way to Santiago…

Make a point of walking in silence for at least part of every day, so that you can open your ears to the sounds of nature, be attentive to the world around you and above all hear what your own intuitions and subconscience would like to tell you…

May this walk be a major moment in your life!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock