• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Cáceres 18 September

eamann

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Le Puy - Cahors + Saint-Jean - León
For the information of people who may be in that area at that time, I am pleased to announce that, God being willing, I will start out from Cáceres on Wednesday 18 September. Some years ago I walked the entire path from Sevilla to Santiago and more recently I walked from Sevilla to Hervas. Needless to say, I am looking forward very much to completing that second walk now.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For the information of people who may be in that area at that time, I am pleased to announce that, God being willing, I will start out from Cáceres on Wednesday 18 September. Some years ago I walked the entire path from Sevilla to Santiago and more recently I walked from Sevilla to Hervas. Needless to say, I am looking forward very much to completing that second walk now.
Great! I start in Sevilla on 11/09 , because I take it easy I will not be there on the 18th. It would have been nice because untill now it seems I walk there alone on the vdlp :)
Buen Camino, grt Tineke

Great! I start in Sevilla on 11/09 , because I take it easy I will not be there on the 18th. It would have been nice because untill now it seems I walk there alone on the vdlp :)
Buen Camino, grt Tineke
Hi Tinkatoe
You’ll find good numbers walking the plata. If you want company., especially at end of day, you shouldn’t have a problem.
It’s a glorious camino.
Lucky you and buen camino
Annie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Kinkatoe!

Don’t forget that this forum is frequented mainly by English-speakers. When you begin walking, you will find yourself in the company of non-English-speaking Europeans - French, Dutch, Germans, Swiss, Austrians, Italians and of course Spaniards.

The Vía de la Plata can be more than just a track to follow. If you want, since you are not pressed for time, it will give you a tremendous opportunity to immerse yourself in the history and present-day reality of Spain - Sevilla, gateway to America in Spain’s Golden Age, Andalucia, home to the poet Lorca, to flamenco, to gypsy culture, to poverty, high unemployment and corruption, Merida with its impressive Roman remains, Extremadura (the land beyond the Duero) which gave so many emigrants to the New World in the 16th. and 17th. centuries (think of Cape Cañaveral in Florida), to the building sites of Madrid and the tourist resorts in the 20th. century, Cáceres with its magnificent medieval historic centre, the vast Meseta, Salamanca, its plaza mayor, medieval university, Roman bridge, etc., etc., etc. Zafra, a few days walk north of Sevilla, was the scene of a massacre of Republican civilians (trade unionists, local politicians, teachers, journalists…) by the rebel troops at the start of the Civil War in 1936. And that is just scratching the surface...

As you walk, think about all those who have preceded you and try to sense the reverberation of their presence in the landscape - herdsmen moving flocks of cattle or sheep from north to south and back again, Roman officials and soldiers, Visigoth invaders, Arab and Berber armies and settlers, Jewish scholars and traders, Christian priests and officials, pilgrims from Andalucia on their way to Santiago…

Make a point of walking in silence for at least part of every day, so that you can open your ears to the sounds of nature, be attentive to the world around you and above all hear what your own intuitions and subconscience would like to tell you…

May this walk be a major moment in your life!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back