• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Starting Camino del Norte on 20 May

stanlece

Hi all!
I just found this amazing site tonight and I'm so excited after reading some of the blogs. This was a VERY last minute idea for me-booked my flight to Bilbao last week!I felt particularly drawn to the Camino del Norte because I love the sea (looking at it, swimming in it, smelling it, listening to it- I'm really addicted to it!). I have one month free before starting a busy job and have just finished a whole load of exams.
I was feeling a bit apprehensive because I don't have a guide book or map- have been collecting bits of information online over the past two weeks and referring to google maps! I hope it will be easier to find a book/maps about the Camino del Norte once I arrive in Bilbao? Does anyone know how well sign-posted this route is?
I feel so excited now- I'm counting the hours til my departure. I would really appreciate any advice at all. :D

Thank you!
Caro

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Back