• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Starting camino from Lisbon on April 26, 2019

Maureen Brooks

Time of past OR future Camino
Finisterre-Muxia, (Portuguese from Lisbon in April 2019)
I was wondering if anyone else will be walking the Camino from Lisbon around the time I will be.

Is anyone else leaving from Lisbon around the same time as me?

By any chance will you be posting about your experience? Not walking then but would be interested in hearing about scenery, infrastructure, etc.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Maureen,
My wife and me walked Camino from Lisabon via Fatima to Santiago last year in June. It took us 22 days to get to Santiago. We had a very nice weather for a hiking with a lot of cloudy days. You have to take into account fact that drinking water is not available as on Frances way and albergue is not on every 5 to 10 K. Scenery is fantastic, especially stretch from Porto on coastal way.

I was wondering if anyone else will be walking the Camino from Lisbon around the time I will be.

By any chance will you be posting about your experience? Not walking then but would be interested in hearing about scenery, infrastructure, etc.

My friend Caroline and I will start walking from Lisbon on 29 April. Don’t know about posting at this point.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Maureen,
My wife and me walked Camino from Lisabon via Fatima to Santiago last year in June. It took us 22 days to get to Santiago. We had a very nice weather for a hiking with a lot of cloudy days. You have to take into account fact that drinking water is not available as on Frances way and albergue is not on every 5 to 10 K. Scenery is fantastic, especially stretch from Porto on coastal way.

Thank you Goran. We're going earlier in the year, so hopefully it won't be too hot. We'll be careful about the drinking water.

You may already know, but I want to be sure you are aware that April 25 is a holiday-celebrating the end of the Salazar regime. I would be sure to have a reservation for your first night and maybe the whole weekend.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Back