• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino from Sarria to Santiago next sat 17th

izzybuzy

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago on the 17th sept2016
What are weather conditions like at present I heard that there is a heatwave!!! Raining here in cork ! There are four of us travelling next sat! !and any tips on how to prevent blisters ?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don't worry about rain as all Irish people love it. Blister what are they. If you wearing your shoes/boots at home you will be fine. Never got a blister on 12 caminos, 8000 km. already breaking in boots for 2017. Buen Camino agus beidh an craic agat

What are weather conditions like at present I heard that there is a heatwave!!! Raining here in cork ! There are four of us travelling next sat! !and any tips on how to prevent blisters ?

I'm just back myself, it was hot, but it has calmed down a little..you will be fine and will be in plenty of company. I flew into Santiago with a truck load of folks walking from Sarria to Santiago all eager to start. Enjoy it and take your time.
Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have 2 more sleeps before I fly out to Madrid and head out to Ponferrada (100km east of Sarria) for my Camino. I will start walking on the 13th. It would be nice if we could meet up, however, I doubt that this will be possible as I will be taking more than 4 days to get to Sarria.
I checked the weather forecast today for Ponferrada and Sarria and it seems that the heatwave has begun to abate (phew).
I wish you all the best on your Camino.

I'm just back myself, it was hot, but it has calmed down a little..you will be fine and will be in plenty of company. I flew into Santiago with a truck load of folks walking from Sarria to Santiago all eager to start. Enjoy it and take your time.
Buen Camino!
Thanks looking forward to it!

T
I have 2 more sleeps before I fly out to Madrid and head out to Ponferrada (100km east of Sarria) for my Camino. I will start walking on the 13th. It would be nice if we could meet up, however, I doubt that this will be possible as I will be taking more than 4 days to get to Sarria.
I checked the weather forecast today for Ponferrada and Sarria and it seems that the heatwave has begun to abate (phew).
I wish you all the best on your Camino.
thanks for your reply , hoping it goes well I have been in training !!! A little ! At least there are places to stop off on the way ! 6 days to go !!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi you LL love this stretch. We done this part in 2014. Plenty of stops along the route. I've wore sandle wide fitting with socks with no blisters. Its very addictive we started at the beginning in 2015 and added another week July this year. Plans already being made for 2017. Enjoy every min Buen Camino.

Hi you LL love this stretch. We done this part in 2014. Plenty of stops along the route. I've wore sandle wide fitting with socks with no blisters. Its very addictive we started at the beginning in 2015 and added another week July this year. Plans already being made for 2017. Enjoy every min Buen Camino.
Thanks for the info ! I heard it is a nice part of the Camino ! Nice to hear you enjoyed it !

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back