• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting CdM Sept. 4th

intrepidtraveler

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
So finally, after many months of talking about and planning for the Camino the big day is finally at hand. Will be leaving home tomorrow very early and if all goes well starting from Madrid on the 4th. What have I gotten myself into? Possibly the adventure of a lifetime?

Anyone else walking the CdM at or about this time?

Many thanks to all on the forum who patiently answered my questions while I was preparing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So finally, after many months of talking about and planning for the Camino the big day is finally at hand. Will be leaving home tomorrow very early and if all goes well starting from Madrid on the 4th. What have I gotten myself into? Possibly the adventure of a lifetime?

Many thanks to all on the forum who patiently answered my questions while I was preparing.

Wishing that you enjoy the CdM as much as I did earlier this year. Lots of highlights, but especially loved the free albergue at Zamarramala, which we had to stay in because Segovia was booked solid due to a festival in town. Lovely Angelika was the hospitalera, and she explained to us that the Segovian authorities had built the albergue to encourage more pilgrims to go that way. It was a long walk from Cercidilla to get there, but worth it in the end.

Buen camino

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Last edited:
Just one year ago I walked the CdeM alone. Magical and solitary, very solitary.
Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino Intrepid!

Thanks to all who replied and to Alan for the info on the alberque in Zamarrala - that's good information to have.
There's all sorts of info on Camino de Madrid section of this forum, even for the albergues. I and Phillypilgrim walked it last year, Undermanager this year (first names that comes to mind...) and we all posted a lot. Take a peek.

And have Buen Camino. It's just wonderful!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Hi Intrepidtraveller
What were your avg temperatures last year early Sept on camino de Madrid ? Or basically how warm /hot was it ?

Ta walkmag

Walkmag- the weather in September last year was absolutely wonderful. Out of 35 days of walking from Madrid to Finisterre it only rained twice.

The first week or so Temps were in the low 80's or high 70's during the day and 50's at night. After the first day of rain it cooled off to high 60's to mid 70's. Perfect walking weather IMHO.

Loved the whole experience and wish you buen camino.

Walkmag- the weather in September last year was absolutely wonderful. Out of 35 days of walking from Madrid to Finisterre it only rained twice.

The first week or so Temps were in the low 80's or high 70's during the day and 50's at night. After the first day of rain it cooled off to high 60's to mid 70's. Perfect walking weather IMHO.

Loved the whole experience and wish you buen camino.
Wow thankyou Intrepid sounds perfect roll on september.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back