Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Starting dates and Caminos walked.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles
Every time I've slept in Roncesvalles the albergue has been in a different building. Although I think the latest is the old youth hostel, where I once slept, renovated.

Does anyone remember the second night on the CF, in the old school in Zubiri? Freezing cold, with really old wire framed saggy bunks, super thin mattresses, 2 basic toilets, and only a cold water tap outside for washing? We made such good friends because it was like being in the trenches together. Ah, them were the days!
Kanga, I am sorry to derail this post, but am curious: how on earth did you manage to get anything other than 4 digits in the space where you display every second of each of your caminos, marked: year of past/future caminos?😁

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Kanga, I am sorry to derail this post, but am curious: how on earth did you manage to get anything other than 4 digits in the space where you display every second of each of your caminos, marked: year of past/future caminos?😁
No idea. Possibly a legacy from past iterations of the forum software. I've been a member since 2005, so not long after Ivar started it.

I first walked the Camino in 2001. Changes were already happening, and most of the refugios (as they were then called) had hot water, although it tended to run out before everyone had showered. We have forum members who were walking well before then, and conditions were even more basic.

So I am very grateful for the comforts that Roncesvalles now offers.

linkster

¡Nunca dejes de creer!
Past OR future Camino
There was a forum upgrade a while ago that changed what could be displayed there. I had my old Caminos listed and moved them to my account signature. It did not seem to change the old info like @Kanga unless you changed your account.

Now from your account, Year of past OR future Camino: (required) that only allows the input of a number. There is a note under the number that reads: Please list the year of your last Camino, or the year of your next Camino (planned). A list of Caminos can now only be put in your signature.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Now from your account, Year of past OR future Camino: (required) that only allows the input of a number. There is a note under the number that reads: Please list the year of your last Camino, or the year of your next Camino (planned). A list of Caminos can now only be put in your signature.
And when you click on the plus sign next to the empty box where you can input a year you get the year 1341 as your first option.

Which is why we now have a small number of new forum members who supposedly had their last or next Camino in the Middle Ages.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Which is why we now have a small number of new forum members who supposedly had their last or next Camino in the Middle Ages.
Good to know as I had wondered about that! I recently saw a new member had their first camino in 1404. I thought it was a joke as a typo didn't seem probable.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads