• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

European Peace Walk - Starting August 25th, 2015 .....

Monique S.

Wandering .....
Time of past OR future Camino
European Peace Walk 2015
SJPP-SdC or Lisboa-SdC 2018
Wondering whether anyone else will be starting August 25th?

I don't do Facebook so feel at a definite disadvantage. This is my first foray into long distance walking so would love to hear from others starting on that date.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wondering whether anyone else will be starting August 25th?

I don't do Facebook so feel at a definite disadvantage. This is my first foray into long distance walking so would love to hear from others starting on that date.
I'm not going this year, sorry, but I saw your question, and researched the trail. It sounds so wonderful that I'm now planning on doing it next year!

I suspect that if you start from the same hostel as other people in Vienna, that you'll soon make friends. Just don't be shy about starting a conversation with other people with knapsacks, boots, poles, and a slightly worried look. They're hoping to meet people too. (This advice brought to you by my first day on the via de la plata.)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The EPW is different than the camino as there are a limited number of people starting each day (reservations required). The group walks together the entire distance because the refuges are pre-arranged. People can take a rest day and fall back into the next days group. Basically, everyone meets at a designated location at the start so there will be no problem being solo on the first day. If you don't get a response here from anyone else starting on the 25th, I recommend searching the forum to read about equipment and other pilgrim's experiences walking long distances. You will find some great advice. I am interested in this walk and hope you will let us know about your experience. I hear the food and scenery is fantastic.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, I second the request you keep us posted @Monique S. because the EPW is my plan for 2016

Anyone interested in the EPW. After last years Camino Frances (Sept) we decided to do the EPW in 2015. We will be writing a daily blog you can follow if you like. We will be starting on August 20 from Vienna. Web adress is : hazelebach.reislogger.nl

It will be in Dutch, but you will find a "translate button" on the right hand side.
Unfortunatly this will be done by Google translate, so it is not perfect.

Monique, will you keep a blog we can follow?

Yes, I second the request you keep us posted @Monique S. because the EPW is my plan for 2016

I will do my best enroute but if it doesn't materialize, I will post once I'm back home. I've never done one but will be looking into it over the next couple of weeks. Historically I've always done group emails but I do see the value of having a blog with a few photos as one goes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back