• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting first Camino (July 20)

jdriver

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles (July 2014)
I cannot believe that after months of preparation, I will be leaving from Orlando on Thursday to start my first Camino...online I called faith an act of joyful or excited trepidation and that feeling has only intensified as time ticks down. Still some things to do (would very much like to find a pound or two to remove from my pack, so that'll be tonight). But I do have a question:

I fly from Madrid into Santiago at 1pm and then take a bus to the bus station to transfer to a bus to Ferrol. I WOULD like to stick my head in at the Pilgrim's office for a look for a left walking stick and just to see where it is so I have a better frame of reference when I return. How far is the pilgrim's office from the bus station? I'm still hoping to make it to Ferrol in time to get to Visitors Center before they close. So, how far a walk is it from the station to the pilgrim's office, or should I just not bother and get on with the trip?

Thanks and Buen Camino!

Jason
(Fromcouchtocamino.blogspot.com)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
would very much like to find a pound or two to remove from my pack, so that'll be tonight
Two piles:

Will use
Might use

Toss out the "might use" until you get the weight you want. Identify the multi-use items, and select them in preference to the single-use items. Just as an example, if you have a bowl and cup, take just the cup (this is just a hypothetical choice, critics; I don't even take a cup anymore) because it has more uses.

Buen camino!

I cannot believe that after months of preparation, I will be leaving from Orlando on Thursday to start my first Camino...online I called faith an act of joyful or excited trepidation and that feeling has only intensified as time ticks down. Still some things to do (would very much like to find a pound or two to remove from my pack, so that'll be tonight). But I do have a question:

I fly from Madrid into Santiago at 1pm and then take a bus to the bus station to transfer to a bus to Ferrol. I WOULD like to stick my head in at the Pilgrim's office for a look for a left walking stick and just to see where it is so I have a better frame of reference when I return. How far is the pilgrim's office from the bus station? I'm still hoping to make it to Ferrol in time to get to Visitors Center before they close. So, how far a walk is it from the station to the pilgrim's office, or should I just not bother and get on with the trip?

Thanks and Buen Camino!

Jason
(Fromcouchtocamino.blogspot.com)
The walk from the Santiago to the pilgrims office is between 15 and 20 minutes walking Jason.

Departures from Santiago busstation by MONBUS destino a Ferrol por AP-9

Laborables (weekdays)9:15, 11, 13:30, 16:10, 18, 19:30, 20:30

Sábados: (saturdays ) 9:20,11,13:30,16,18, 20:30

Domingos/Festivos: ( sundays and special holidays) 9:20,13:30,18,19:

Depending on what day you'll arrive you will have plenty time to walk to the center of Santiago and back.
Advise: arriving directly from the airport at the busstation ,buy your ticket for the Ferrol bus at the upper floor of the sstation.
Sitting and waiting in the bus for departure keep an eye on your backpack in the luggage department of the bus. Better to keep an eye on it outside. Sometimes the luggagedept. Is unattentendedc and your pack can be stolenImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405430620.017793.jpg

Plenty of walkingsticks in the pilgrimsoffice.

Buen camiño

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jason - you're going to have a wonderful time. In fact, by the sound of it, your camino has already begun!
Only six weeks ago I walked from Ferrol to SdC [and from A Coruna, too]. I really enjoyed the town of Ferrol. You can download my diary for Pilgriage IV from my website - and photo-album, too.
Lots of super little bars/restaurants with Menu-del-dias from €5-50.
DSCF6506.JPG

But be very, very careful. You may catch the 'camino bug' and have to keep going back :)
Have a super time - and 'buen camino'!

Jason - you're going to have a wonderful time. In fact, by the sound of it, your camino has already begun!
Only six weeks ago I walked from Ferrol to SdC [and from A Coruna, too]. I really enjoyed the town of Ferrol. You can download my diary for Pilgriage IV from my website - and photo-album, too.
Lots of super little bars/restaurants with Menu-del-dias from €5-50.
View attachment 11476

But be very, very careful. You may catch the 'camino bug' and have to keep going back :)
Have a super time - and 'buen camino'!
The camino bug ! A serious bug to count with ,I must admit. It catches you. No way back !
The only medicine is to drink a beer when you have arrived in Santiago which does not stop your addiction but gives a happy feeling after all. Is it not Stephen ? Yes it is !
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1405509002.432650.jpgBuen camiño !

On the attached picture Stephen and I drinking on our camiño addiction :) in Santiago.

Cheers !

We found the tourist office in 12 Rua Magdelena they may have moved since Johnnys guide.

They gave us a couple of maps a pamphlet about the Camino and stamped our passports.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We found the tourist office in 12 Rua Magdelena they may have moved since Johnnys guide.

They gave us a couple of maps a pamphlet about the Camino and stamped our passports.
Okay ! You got your stamp !

Bom camiño

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back