• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Ferrol

madrid12

For anyone just starting this route, there is quite a bit of improvement work going on in Ferrol and some of the waymarks may be slightly obscured. The Praza Angustias and childrens play area was nearly all sealed off including waymarks so just keep the docks on your right. There were another couple of sections but they were all straightforward.
I followed the road to Meson Novo and next day turned left out of Meson to return to the camino and there are very large arrows on the road past the football ground to bring you back to the camino.
Also when I walked every bar was closed between Bruma and Sigueiro, I have never seen this before and it was not particularly early.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thak you for the information. Can we ask what day you were walking between Bruma and Sigueiro and also was it before 11.00am. We found that some didn't open until about that time, but it would be useful to know what time you found them closed. We are not walking just yet so maybe things will change again. :)

It was a Monday when I walked and it was not a holiday or anything and probably about 11.00am when I got to Bar Nova, I have walked this route a few times and never seen all closed before. I know Cafe bar O Cruceiro does not open until about 12.00pm. I usually aim to get to Sigueiro for menu del dia about 3.15 and did check my timing when I reached that long straight stretch through the woods to Sigueiro ( just after 1pm). I'm assuming this was a one-off because there were no notices or anything.
Liz

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you, we will carry plenty of water just in case.

I walked during Easter and all the bars were open between Bruma and Sigueiro, we even passed a vending machine shortly before the long stretch in the woods. We did have a hard time finding a place to sleep in Sigueiro as the two hostals in town were full and our only choice was to continue to SDC.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back