• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Geneva to Santiago on May 1st, 2023

jaime mulero

Time of past OR future Camino
Future. Planning to start from Geneva on April 1
I will start from Geneva on May 1st, 2023 if anyone is interested in joining this walk. Flying from Florida that morning and will start walking as soon as i get my first stamp. Any suggestions on where i get the stamp? Also, I already have a guide with suggestions on where to stay from Geneva to Le Puy. Any recommendations on a guide with accommodations from Le Puy to St. Jean Pied de Port?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Get your first stamp at the cathedral; it's along the route (cross the lake and head up the hill). In Le Puy, pick up a copy of the Miam Miam Dodo guide (or consult the Le Puy section of this forum for several excellent discussions on other guides).
Since you are US, the Schengen visa rules apply (90 days in the Schengen zone out of every 180).

I have the guide written by Dave Whitson (a forum member) published by Cicerone it came out late last year, so should be up to date. The Gronze web site seems good also. It's in Spanish, I did 3 years in high school long ago, and can understand everything I need for lodgings.

I'm planning on starting in Le Puy on May 13, maybe 14. I guessing you'll be beyond Le Puy by that time. Bon Chemin.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have the guide written by Dave Whitson (a forum member) published by Cicerone it came out late last year, so should be up to date. The Gronze web site seems good also. It's in Spanish, I did 3 years in high school long ago, and can understand everything I need for lodgings.

I'm planning on starting in Le Puy on May 13, maybe 14. I guessing you'll be beyond Le Puy by that time. Bon Chemin.
According to my guide it will take about 13 days to arrive in Le Puy. Maybe we will cross paths.

I will start from Geneva on May 1st, 2023 if anyone is interested in joining this walk. Flying from Florida that morning and will start walking as soon as i get my first stamp. Any suggestions on where i get the stamp? Also, I already have a guide with suggestions on where to stay from Geneva to Le Puy. Any recommendations on a guide with accommodations from Le Puy to St. Jean Pied de Port?
And I will be starting from Geneva on May 2nd!

Can you tell what your accomodation guide From Geneva to Le Puy is? From Le Puy onwards I plan to use the Buen Camino app.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Can you tell what your accomodation guide From Geneva to Le Puy is? From Le Puy onwards I plan to use the Buen Camino app.

Topo guide GR65: Hike between Geneva and Le Puy-en-Velay. It is in French. I could not find one in English. Let me know if you need anything else.​

Try this: https://www.hikamp.com/randonnees/sentiers-de-grande-randonnee-gr/gr65/
The standard accommodation reference for the Geneva route is published by the Association of Friends of St James Rhone Alpes, but their site isn't responding this particular morning (1Feb). https://portail-s.amis-st-jacques.org/

And make use of the Google Translate function.

Hey Jaime , I will be spending my first night at SJPDP on 1st May and start the Camino from the 2nd May . When do you arrive in SJPDP ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You did notice that Jaime (a) was starting on May 1 in Geneva, rather than SJPDP and (b) was starting in 2023, right?
Thanks David, I actually didn't see the 2023 , the app confused abit as old posts appear as if they were new.

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
Wondering what public transit is available from Porto to Caminha.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.