• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Le Puy August 18th... english speaking with basic french, and you?

aussieval

Hi everyone, just wondering who else is doing Le Puy-SJPP mid August... I'll start walking from Le Puy on Tuesday 18th August. I'm from Australia (originally from Brazil) and speak English, Portuguese and some basic French. It'd be nice to meet other pilgrims along the way, English or French speaking, or from anywhere! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ahah welcome France Aussieval ! Alors parlons français si tu veux ! I will be super happy to meet English speaking pilgrims too ! I think it's a fantastic trip to fly from Australia to walk this route in France ! Incredible, I didn't know at all Le chemin du Puy was famous abroad ???

well, i know quite a few australians who have or are planning to walk this route! what i didn't know was that there were so many french people also doing it! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone, just wondering who else is doing Le Puy-SJPP mid August... I'll start walking from Le Puy on Tuesday 18th August. I'm from Australia (originally from Brazil) and speak English, Portuguese and some basic French. It'd be nice to meet other pilgrims along the way, English or French speaking, or from anywhere! :)
Hi Aussieval,
I am leaving Le Puy on 21 st August so just a few days behind you. I am coming from Melbourne, Australia and this is my first Camino. Like you I am hoping to meet some other English speaking pilgrims to share the walk with. Anyone leaving on Friday 21st?
And a question on the weather- will I need any wa clothes on this route late August and September?
Cheers

Weather is a bit changing these days in France. Yesterday was 23°C and windy (perhaps only 17°C outside at night) but today it was again around 30°C. Regarding that the route starting from Le Puy is medium mountain weather and your departure date, even if it is still summer, I would highly recommend you to bring at least your fleece and a long sleeve shirt for early morning or going around in the evening. September last year I was in Rodez city wearing only tee-shirts during sunny day time, but fleece and long sleeves were more than welcome at night ! But don't worry you would not find snow on your way this period :D Enjoy walking in France !

Hi Kezzaann, good to know there'll be other aussies on the Le Puy route at around the same time! It'd be great to meet somewhere along the way :) This is my third camino, but the first one in France (did Spain and Portugal before). If you send me a private message, I can send you my blog address and you can follow me there if you like... i intend to post every day if possible (only taking an iphone), see how i go... in any case, bon chemin!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back