• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Lisbon on September 25th

Petya-n

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning for Camino Portuguese Sep 2015
Hi, I will be arriving in Lisbon on September 24th and plan to start the next day . This is my first Camino and I will be happy to have some company at least in the first few days. Anyone walking on the same time?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Petya-n, Welcome! I will be starting in Lisbon, from Parque das Nacoes youth hostel on Sept. 23. I like to amble, and do about 15 to 20 km per day, so chances are you will catch up to me and probably pass me. Would be happy to walk with you if you do.

Hi, I will be arriving in Lisbon on September 24th and plan to start the next day . This is my first Camino and I will be happy to have some company at least in the first few days. Anyone walking on the same time?
Hello Petya-n, Welcome! I will be starting in Lisbon, from Parque das Nacoes youth hostel on Sept. 23. I like to amble, and do about 15 to 20 km per day, so chances are you will catch up to me and probably pass me. Would be happy to walk with you if you do.

It seems to me that a fair number of forum members will be walking from Lisbon this fall. If you use the guides we have written (available in the forum's Resources section, there are three -- Lisbon to Porto, Porto to Santiago, and how to do short stages between Lisbon and Porto), it'd be great if you could report back with comments and suggestions for the 2016 edition. We can't update it without people there in real time, so I always try to badger those starting in Lisbon and a few usually help out. :) Sorry if I'm a pest. Bom caminho, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I will certainly try to help with as much information as possible. I do tend to get distracted and not remember names and places but I will try extra hard this time. And thank you for putting this together it has already helped a great deal in setting a sort of rudimentary itinerary.

Hi Petya,
I will be starting from Tomar, a few days north of Lisboa, on the 1st October so we might meet up. I will keep an eye out for you and in any case you now know what I look like not that means anything as there do not seem to be too many pilgrims around at that time of year - not like the Camino Frances at any rate. And if we don't buen camino.

Hi, thanks a lot for your replies!
I was thinking to walk alone but as the time passes, I am starting to feel nervous about it.
I have downloaded the guides from the Resources section and I am trying to adjust them to my schedule. My flight back home from Lisbon is on Oct 24, so I have to reach Santiago by 22nd. I will certainly try to send feedback, if not during my trip, at least when I am back.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Petta-n,

I arrive on the 25th and will start on the 26th from Lisbon. I plan to mostly walk the coastal route.

Hi, thanks a lot for your replies!
I was thinking to walk alone but as the time passes, I am starting to feel nervous about it.
I have downloaded the guides from the Resources section and I am trying to adjust them to my schedule. My flight back home from Lisbon is on Oct 24, so I have to reach Santiago by 22nd. I will certainly try to send feedback, if not during my trip, at least when I am back.

Buen Camino!

Hi, Petya-n,
I think it's understandable that you are feeling nervous - it looks like this may be your first Camino, so I'm sure that compounds the feelings that everyone feels before starting out. Some anxiety, some nerve, some trepidation -- but it all melts away when you start walking. Leaving from Lisbon you are unlikely to meet many people before Porto. I have walked that route and was totally alone, but that was in 2008. Things have changed dramatically since then -- many more albergues, much better marking, and more people. I was never afraid and nervous nervous about my safety, but one thing you could do to really set your mind at ease is bring along the SOS pilgrim help line phone number. It's a phone line staffed by multi-lingual Via Lusitana volunteers. You can call them with any problem, day or night, really. 915 595 213 from within Portugal. I know the people who are in charge of this line, and they have helped pilgrims in all sorts of situations -- lost in a forest, looking for a place to stay, how to get money, etc etc. It should give you that added bit of comfort you need while you're alone.

The hostal/albergue owners on this stretch (in Tomar, Santarem, Golega, Alvaiazere, etc) are also wonderful resources. I wouldn't hesitate to call Mario in the Hostel Santerem with any problem either! Bom caminho, hope it is a very wonderful experience for you. Laurie

Thanks, Laurie!
This is just what I needed to hear :)

Hi Petta-n,

I arrive on the 25th and will start on the 26th from Lisbon. I plan to mostly walk the coastal route.

Hi Rayne, I will follow the interior route from Lisbon to Porto , have not decided yet which road to take after that. Are you heading to the coast straight from Lisbon?

Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back