• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

STarting from Norway tomorrow.

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Hello!
The time has come for my Via de la Plata. Leaving my home tomorrow. Bus to Kirkenes, flight to Oslo, stay there the night, next morning a flight to Seville via Barcelona.starting from Sevilla Friday for a short day to Santiponce. The weather broadcast has promised rain for 5 days. Thought I left the north of Norway to get to the warm weather in the south, but you never know. Stayed in Barcelona at the same time last year in a very bad weather. Am a bit frightened about the Via the la Plata even if I have done a few caminos.
Hope I meet you on my road!
Randi

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The Forum is with you on your Camino, even if we don't actually meet. I hope your weather is tolerable. Buen camino.

God tur!
Kjekt at det er norske damer som går alene på Via de la Plata også.
Hope to do the same next spring.
Bjørg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Randi,

Buen camino and wishing you best of everything. And I bet those pre-camino jitters will disappear once you take your first step and are actually on the way. Once the planes and trains and buses are done, and all that's left to do is walk, that caminio peace will kick right in! Enjoy the riots of wildflowers, Extremadura in spring time is unbelievable. Maybe you will meet Carole or Lynne, who have started this week from Huelva, you never know.

Laurie

Guess you have left by now, but wishing you a real buen camino, Randi :)
Hoping to do my next camino this autumn.

Hi Randi,

Starting out from Tromsø on May 3rd. Hope to catch up with you.

Buen Camino!

Det er uansett bedre enn Finnmark/Troms på denne årstiden :!: :lol:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Randi and Alex,

All the best to you both as you begin your Caminos. Norway is such a beautiful place.

I served for a period of time with a section of the Norwegian Guard Company out of Kirkenes. Love the area, the people and especially the snow.

Must have struck a cord with my son as I spoke of the beauty of Norwegian women...he married one!

Buen Camino

Arn

Thank all of you.
I am no at the Embalse de Encantara to day after an overfilled albergue last night in Casar de Caseres. There was a musical festival in Caceres that made problems for peregrinos because the albergues were complete with youth. The walk has been good so far, a bit of rain and mud in the start, but through Extremadura it has been hot and dry. It surprised me how much water to pass the first week. Lot of beautiful ares afterwards.
But what surprises me most is the lots of peregrinos along the road , from 30 to more than sixty on different days. I was afraid of beeing alone. Now the problem is to get a bed.!
To Alex Walker: Bjorn from tretten was on the road until Sevilla and kjerstin, young semilangual girl is on the way to Santiago. Have a nice trip.
Randi

Hi Randi,

I am today in Embalse de Alcantara, 3 days behind you, so we might meet in a couple of days. Shout if you see me :wink:

Yes, there are LOTS of pilgrims here. Last night in Casar de Caceres was another full albergue. It is beginning to be more important to plan the days for a bed...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As I have written in one of Alexes post I am in Benavente. Took the hard determination to leave new friends and walk up to Astorga. The last days have been a run for a bed. Got the last bed in Graña de Moruela last night. People start getting up at five to arrive early.
So the Via de la Plata seems to the new crowded route. Had some beautiful days along the way. Met a lot of nice people from all over the world. Languagemixing all the time, everybody expects you to speak their language, so this is a good languagerepeticionschool for an old Norwegian woman.
Very few women on the camino! A few couples, very few women walking alone, and a lot of men.
Very few young people. Yesterday a 19 year old English boy showed up and you wonder "What is he doing here"? Good evening for the young Norwegish girl of 30 who had kept up with all us oldings for a month.
Now I am looking forward to a couple of weeks on the Frances. Even if there are more people, there are more possibilities. The Sanabres will may be another year.
Randi

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back