• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Roncesvalles on the 19, September 2009

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Hello everybody.
I am a 61 years old lady startinfg from Roncesvallles (Huntto) at the 19.009 09-. I wiil be walking from Le Puy from the 15. 08 09 . I have been walking from Roncesvallles in 2005 or St. Jean in 2007. This year I´m starting at Le PUY en Velay at the !5. of August. I hope go meet Englishs peaking pilgrims in France and Spain .
Randi from Norway

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Randi, All the best for your walk from Le Puy! I loved the landscapes from Le Puy to Conques especially.
There is just one thought I had about a starting date of August 15th from Le Puy. Since Le Puy is a Marian shrine, I imagine things will be quite busy there around that date.... so I wondered if you had already booked some accommodation then?
Margaret

Thank you, Margaret.
I have read your blog from your pilgrimage several times to be prepared. I enjoyed it very much. Since I do not speak French I have mailed for places to sleep most of the way in France, feels that makes me more like a tourist than a peregrina, but...
I am a bit concerned about the weather, will it be too hot or not. On my two springwalkings on Camino Frances I found it rather cold some days.
Randi

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It might be quite warm generally as you head south in August Randi, except you will be crossing the Aubrac Plateau in your early days. You cross that at up to about 1400m, and at that altitude, you could strike bad weather at any time of the year.
If you need help with finding accommodation, most tourist offices seem to have someone who can speak some English, and they are usually very helpful, and I am sure that fellow pilgrims will also help you. There is generally quite a 'community' feel amongst walkers on the Le Puy route.
Enjoy!
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back