• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Saint Jean on 7/8 th September. ,2017

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Mayuresh - Welcome to the forum.

I love the Camino and am very excited for you and am jealous about the journey you are about to embark on.

Your post made me smile, as the title of your post " 7/8 September, 3027 " implies you will be walking in 1010 years.
Thus the comment from pensioner45 above.

There is thread with a calendar for this summer, a few of them I think, but I was unable to find them - maybe someone else will have it bookmarked and can add a link below.

Thank you for joining us on this great forum and have a wonderful trip!

Kathy

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello. I plan to start walking the Camino Frances from Saint Jean PDP on the 7 th or 8th of September ( depends if I reach on time to start walking the next day ) please let me know if anybody is planning to start on the same day. Regards. Mayuresh.

Wishing you a wonderful walk Mayuresh. You will be walking at the same time as when I first walked the Camino Frances. I am very envious of your upcoming journey! Buen Camino!!

Hi Mayuresh - Welcome to the forum.

I love the Camino and am very excited for you and am jealous about the journey you are about to embark on.

Your post made me smile, as the title of your post " 7/8 September, 3027 " implies you will be walking in 1010 years.
Thus the comment from pensioner45 above.

There is thread with a calendar for this summer, a few of them I think, but I was unable to find them - maybe someone else will have it bookmarked and can add a link below.

Thank you for joining us on this great forum and have a wonderful trip!

Kathy
Hello Kathy. Thank you for your reply and for bringing to my notice the error in typing. I have set it right.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Welcome Mayuresh! September is a beautiful time to walk.

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Hello. I plan to start walking the Camino Frances from Saint Jean PDP on the 7 th or 8th of September ( depends if I reach on time to start walking the next day ) please let me know if anybody is planning to start on the same day. Regards. Mayuresh.

Hi Mayuresh! I will be starting the Camino Frances from SJPP on Sept. 8th, and will be spending that night in Orrison. Hope we cross paths on the Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Mayuresh! I will be starting the Camino Frances from SJPP on Sept. 8th, and will be spending that night in Orrison. Hope we cross paths on the Camino!
Hello Susan. Happy to know that we will be starting on the same day. If I start on the 7th, then I will also halt at Orrison. But if i start on the 8th , then I will continue till Roncesvalles. I have to follow my schedule to reach Santiago latest by 11th October. Looking forward to meeting you. Regards. Mayuresh

Hi Mayuresh, better check with Refuge Orisson if you are planning on staying the night of the 7th.. I tried to book a bed for the 9th and they were full, got it in the overflow at the Kayola instead and they have 12 beds only. Good luck and Buen Camino.

got it in the overflow at the Kayola instead and they have 12 beds only.
I think, but not sure, those at Kayola come up to dinner to Orisson. If so, Frank and I will see you at dinner on the 9th.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi all. I am planning on stopping in Orisson on September 7th. Hope to meet up with everyone.

Hi Mayuresh,
There is a thread "Sept.-Oct. 2017 Pilgrims Check In!" which lists the pilgrims from this board (the ones who have posted to the thread) who are leaving on the Camino Frances in those months. So far, there are eleven other pilgrims leaving on those days from SJPP, so you might take a look and add your name! You can send messages to them, too. Cheers!

Hi Mayuresh,
There is a thread "Sept.-Oct. 2017 Pilgrims Check In!" which lists the pilgrims from this board (the ones who have posted to the thread) who are leaving on the Camino Frances in those months. So far, there are eleven other pilgrims leaving on those days from SJPP, so you might take a look and add your name! You can send messages to them, too. Cheers!
Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
mayuresh, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are very excited. Now that September has become one of the most popular months to walk the CF, you will not be bereft of companions. I walked beginning last week of Sept and all of October. It was stunning the whole way. Temperatures were absolutely ideal. I hope it will be thus for you. I Wish you safe travel, Buen Camino.

T
mayuresh, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are very excited. Now that September has become one of the most popular months to walk the CF, you will not be bereft of companions. I walked beginning last week of Sept and all of October. It was stunning the whole way. Temperatures were absolutely ideal. I hope it will be thus for you. I Wish you safe travel, Buen Camino.
Thank you so much

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm starting Sept 8 and staying at Orisson that night (I already have a reservation). I'm sure our paths will cross somewhere!

Hi Mayuresh, I will be starting on the 7th and staying at Orisson as well. Maybe we will meet along the uphill climb. I will most likely be the one expiring on the side of the path!! :D
Cheers CL

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will have plenty of company! September is very popular. Enjoy, you'll have a ball.
Hi Mayuresh, I will be starting on the 7th and staying at Orisson as well. Maybe we will meet along the uphill climb. I will most likely be the one expiring on the side of the path!! :D
Cheers CL
Hi. Glad to hear that. If I start on the 7 th, I plan to stay at Valcarlos ( 14 km from SJPDP ). However , if I start on the 8 th , then I will go upto Roncesvalles. Looking forward to seeing you on the Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Mayuresh,
Hello. I have a small doubt. There is a place called Valcarlos , some 14 Km from SJPDP. Can you please tell me if this place is on the main route from SJPDP to Roncesvalles, or is it on a different route ?

Valcarlos is on the main road highway from SJPdP to Roncesvalles and it is also on the
alternate camino known as the Valcarlos alternate from SJPdP to Roncesvalles which goes through the mountain pass. The main camino is the Napoleon route which goes over the mountain.

Here is a copy of a map showing the relation of the two routes.

The Pilgrim Office in SJPdP will give you this schematic map showing both routes.
Within SJPdP both caminos follow the rue de La Citadelle which becomes the rue d'Espagne after crossing the river and then the rue de Saint-Michel which will start to climb. At the first Y junction the marker for the Valcarlos route turns right to follow along the Chemin de Mayorga and the marker for the Napoleon goes left up the hill.

Last edited:
Valcarlos is on the main roaf highway from SJPdP to Roncesvalles but it is on an alternate camino known as the Valcarlos alternate from SJPdP to Roncesvalles which goes through the mountain pass. The main camino is the Napoleon route which goes over the mountain.

Here is a copy of a map showing the relation of the two routes.

The Pilgrim Office in SJPdP will give you this schematic map showing both routes.
Within SJPdP both caminos follow the rue de La Citadelle which becomes the rue d'Espagne after crossing the river and then the rue de Saint-Michel which will start to climb. At the first Y junction the marker for the Valcarlos route turns right to follow along the Chemin de Mayorga and the marker for the Napoleon goes left up the hill.
Thanks. But I don't think I will go along the Road. Through the hills is a better option.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@mayuresh most people opt for the Route Napoleon the first time. It is spectacular. I've done both, and can assure you that the alternate Valcarlos route is also very pretty. It has a path that travels along beside the road (and it is a minor road), firstly through pretty country farms, and after Valcarlos dipping in and out of the beech woods. If the weather is absolutely foul it may be necessary to walk on the road, but not otherwise.

Hi, I'm starting on 7th September, have booked into Kayola outside of Orisson for the first night apparently tbe main one is already fully booked.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back