• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from SJPDP on the 29th!

J

jilln

Anyone else doing the same? I'll be getting in on the evening of the 28th but plan to hit the trail early.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jill,
I also will start early on the 29th of August from SJPdP. There are about 7 forum members starting that morning. See you on the trail...

Dan from Colorado

Buen Camino

Hi, I'm leaving Cape Town tomorrow, flying via Dubai, Amsterdam with a few days in France and hope to start cycling on 28th!
Quite nervous and excited and the same time!
Buen Camino everyone

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I also arrive SJPDP on Aug 28th and heading out early on the 29th. Sounds like there's going to be quite a crowd which is great.
See you all soon.
Buen Camino.
Ros from Australia.

This is great! I'll be wearing a red Deuter pack with this forum's patch and my monogram. Feel free to say hello! It would be great to meet folks! Buen Camino everybody!

Attachments

• 1017652_10102309518952350_410050613_n.jpg
    1017652_10102309518952350_410050613_n.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi Jill
I am flying into Biarritz with Ryanair from Dublin on 28th and also leaving SJDP on 29th so will keep an eye out for you along the way! Just doing a last few bits and pieces this week. Starting to feel a little anxious but excited to get started. Looks like we will have quite a few leaving the same morning according to the calendar (link below)
Buen Camino
Ger

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm setting out the 29th but stopping at Orrison that night.
I'm getting the train from Bayonne so should be setting out from SJPDP late morning.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I'm leaving Cape Town tomorrow, flying via Dubai, Amsterdam with a few days in France and hope to start cycling on 28th!
Buen Camino everyone
Hello from JHB...Im flying over to London on Tues 27 arriving Wed 28 and hope to start walking from SJPDP on Thurs 29th Are with others?...happy cycling...which route are you doing?

I'm setting out the 29th but stopping at Orrison that night.
I'm getting the train from Bayonne so should be setting out from SJPDP late morning.
Hi there Poshlloyd...how did you book for Orrison? Am also wanting to spend the 29th there!! On Wed 28th Im arriving in Biarritz around 3ish pm and catching the train from Bayonne to SJPDP. Thanks

Jill,
I also will start early on the 29th of August from SJPdP. There are about 7 forum members starting that morning. See you on the trail...

Dan from Colorado

Buen Camino
Hi from Johannesburg...am also planning to start my Camino Frances on Thurs 29 Aug from SJPDP! Safe travels from Colorado. May see you on the way!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi there Poshlloyd...how did you book for Orrison? Am also wanting to spend the 29th there!! On Wed 28th Im arriving in Biarritz around 3ish pm and catching the train from Bayonne to SJPDP. Thanks

Hi, shoot them an email. I forget the address but if you google them you should easily find it. They they send a PayPal request around €33 to confirm.
Safe journey.
Lloyd

Hi Jill
I am flying into Biarritz with Ryanair from Dublin on 28th and also leaving SJDP on 29th so will keep an eye out for you along the way! Just doing a last few bits and pieces this week. Starting to feel a little anxious but excited to get started. Looks like we will have quite a few leaving the same morning according to the calendar (link below)
Buen Camino
Ger
Hi Beeker....on Wed 28 Aug Im catching Ryanair from Stansted to Biarritz. Have you booked in your backpack? I didnt want to pay the extra pounds to book in luggage but now am fretting that it maybe too big to take on as hand luggage!? Its 35l backpack and will have 2 walking poles that collapse down. Does anyone know if Ryanair is strict about their cabin luggage?

Hi, shoot them an email. I forget the address but if you google them you should easily find it. They they send a PayPal request around €33 to confirm.
Safe journey.
Lloyd
I sent an email...will try again!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I also arrive SJPDP on Aug 28th and heading out early on the 29th. Sounds like there's going to be quite a crowd which is great.
See you all soon.
Buen Camino.
Ros from Australia.
Hi Ros...am coming from JHB South Africa and also starting from SJPDP on Thurs 29th. Where in Australia are you from? My sister lives in Melbourne!! Will look out for your camino badge and red Deutar pack!

Hi Beeker....on Wed 28 Aug Im catching Ryanair from Stansted to Biarritz. Have you booked in your backpack? I didnt want to pay the extra pounds to book in luggage but now am fretting that it maybe too big to take on as hand luggage!? Its 35l backpack and will have 2 walking poles that collapse down. Does anyone know if Ryanair is strict about their cabin luggage?
hello rose,
welcome to the forum.

i don't believe you are going to have any problem with ryanair to take on your rucksack as cabin baggage.. i took the same flight the previous may from stansted to biarritz with a 35l lowe alpine air zone 35 centro rucksack. just make sure it does not exceed 10 kilos. you can also check the size at the cage in the airport before you go to the boarding gate. since you already have your printed boarding pass, you do not have to go to the check in counter. just go directly to the boarding gate.

buen camino and god bless.

hello rose,
welcome to the forum.

i don't believe you are going to have any problem with ryanair to take on your rucksack as cabin baggage.. i took the same flight the previous may from stansted to biarritz with a 35l lowe alpine air zone 35 centro rucksack. just make sure it does not exceed 10 kilos. you can also check the size at the cage in the airport before you go to the boarding gate. since you already have your printed boarding pass, you do not have to go to the check in counter. just go directly to the boarding gate.

buen camino and god bless.
Thanks so much for your insight....Im feeling more relaxed now! Youve reminded me to print my Ryanair boarding pass. Will do so now.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Rose,
sorry I was slow to reply away at work! I decided to book in my backpack also 35l on line as I have also walking poles and some liquids and they may not allow you to take on board as cabin luggage due to metal/ steel tips etc. some people were caught at check in and had to leave them behind as they were regarded as potential "dangerous weapons". You can take a chance but I decided to pay the differnece for peace sake!!
See you in SJDP and safe journey !!
Buen Camino
Ger

Hi Ros...am coming from JHB South Africa and also starting from SJPDP on Thurs 29th. Where in Australia are you from? My sister lives in Melbourne!! Will look out for your camino badge and red Deutar pack!
Hi Rose. I'm from Melbourne also! I think its Jill with the red deutar bag. Ill have the blue Kathmandu one! Will look out for you both. Should be in SJPDP by midday on the 28th.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Anyone else doing the same? I'll be getting in on the evening of the 28th but plan to hit the trail early.

The Oregon duo leave at eight, up and over, weather permitting, otherwise, we'll go low. Ten day weather forecast is for sun. Like it.

Hi all,
Really getting excited and anxious at the same time. Will be in SJPP on evening of 28th staying in Chemin du Esprit.
So I hope to also have an early start to get to Roncevalles at a reasonable time in the afternoon.

Hi,
Really pleased to read this thread, I arrive in SJDPP on Wednesday evening about 8pm. Getting the train from Paris to Bayonne then SJPP and was planning to start walking on the 29th. Excited and nervous so would be great to see some friendly faces.
Helen

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino everyone
I will be leaving Cape Town on 9th Sep to start walk on 11th. But if you are cycling, you will probably then be near the finish already

Hi from Southern California. I arrive in Bayonne the evening of the 27th. I will start the Camino from SJPDP on the 28th with my first nite at gite Kayla right before Orisson. Orisson was filled up. The Camino is 9hrs ahead of California so I figured a night in Bayonne will help me with Jet Lag. My room has room for 3 if anyone gets stranded in Bayonne. Hotel San Miguel, walking distance to the train station. Otherwise I will probably see you all in Roncevalles on the 29th.

Clevercookie what train are you on? I also go through Bayonne and get in about 5pm.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi guys! It's Jill (red deuter backpack w forum patch and white monogram). So great to be figuring this out together. I just wanted to share that I'm blogging at MaplessPilgrim.com and will be quasi-documenting the trek and answering questions from future pilgrims. Please feel free to share and participate! Beun camino!

Jill,
By chase did you have a problem in SJPDP getting a room? Now that i looked at your picture I think it may have been you that came into the Hotel Camuo and was turned away. If so, i was the guy sitting in the parlor who help translate that there was no room left. Either way, i will see you on the trail.

Dan from Colorado

Buen Camino

Wow, Jill, it looks like my son and I will be right behind you! We're starting on September 1st. Buen Camino!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We will be leaving from Pamplona on the 3rd September so we might be meeting some or you never know all. There are 3 of us all from Sydney. We fly out tomorrow and are at the stage where we are all excited can't help wondering if we have too much, too little etc. however deep down we know we will be fine.

Hello all;
I will be arriving in SJPdP on September 19th and starting my Camino on the 20th. I am a mix of trepidation and excitement .... And can'.t wait to become a member of the cofraturnity. I look forward to all the Camino has to offer.
Safe Camino to all and I look forward to meeting many wonderful people.
As Always..... Cam'.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Jill,
It was a pleasure running into you on the camino the last couple of days. I think the worse is behind us. I think they shoild build a larger dorm in orrison. The first day was a killer.

Dan from Colorado

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back