• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from St. Jean 21st/ 22nd april - accomodation in SJ

muppet

Hi there... :p

I have just completed the Portugese camino a week ago and after chatting to a few people have decided to do the French Camino from SJPDP instead of the La Plata route (that had been my first plan) starting on the 21st or 22nd of April.

I want to leave from Antwerp by train on tuesday (to Bayonne) and was wondering if its fairly easy to get accomodation in St. Jean Pied de Port when I arrive there?

Anyone else heading off around the same time?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Muppet:
The volcano situation caused me to have to change my travel plans yesterday and I will now be starting from SJPP on TUesday the 20th.
I have been emailing the L'Esprit du Chemin in SJPP, speaking to Huberta at the email address - cuppen.arnold@neuf.fr, or you could google the L'Esprit du Chemin.
I found they have been very helpful and were able to accomodate my last minute change.

Maybe will see you along the way.

I have the forum patch on the back of my back pack as well as a patch of the Earth with a peace sign over it. You could also see what I look like by checking out my blog at http://ctlou.tumblr.com.
You would have to see me because I doubt you are really a bright yellow like your picture. :)

Safe Travels
Louise
ctlou

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the info. Yes you will be a day or two ahead of me by the sound of it. How fast do you intend to walk it? I think I will be doing between 20 and 30k per day so might catch you up sometime depending on your speed. i have a "camino de santiago" badge on the left side of my pack at the back. Had a quick look at the link so I'll recognise you when I see u and will definitely say hello.

I have just had a great time on the Portugese camino and left Santiago on the 4 days ago and cant wait to start it all again......its addictive especially the camaraderie along the trail and in the albergues..I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Muppet:
I am trying to decide if the first day I should go all the way to Roncesvalles or stop in Orrison.
All along I had planned to go to Roncesvalles and now i am getting a little worried about over doing it my first day. If I stop you will probably catch up to me.

Hope you do recognize me if we catch up but, remember no make up, no blow dryer, etc.

I hope to develop the comaraderie.

HOpe to see you.

Louise

Yes I've heard that the first days walking can be quite taxing as the first 20km is uphill towards Roncesvalles. Still...looking on the bright side..the view is meant to be spectacular and you then have one of the more difficult days behind you :) Keep an eye on the weather conditions and only do it if the weather is going to be reasonably ok. It can still be very changeable at this time of year and caution is the best policy. The views on a sunny day will also be much nicer.

The flights are still badly disrupted here in Europe due to the volcano and even the high speed trains through france are getting booked up fast due to displacement of air travellers.....I might arrive a day or two later if that carries on :cry:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back