• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting from st jean sept 3 or 4..anyone else starting then

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My mom and I will be starting a week later. I have done it twice alone and you will have no problem finding someone to walk with. You will just fall into pace with someone...hopefully someone you want to fall into pace with! :) We may see you out there...look for two chicks from Chicago! :)

Thanks for the response :) i have read that it will be relatively easy to find people to walk with so im glad to hear you had the same experience. This is my first time so im just a little nervous about it all. I wish you and your mom good luck in your adventures :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi - I am also flying into Biarritz on the 3rd and stopping overnight in St Jean starting out on the 4th and staying at Orisson on the 4th to break myself in gently. Walking solo, getting bit anxious as not able to go to the gym/swim at the moment due to arm in plaster but walked 9 miles on Sunday over lots of styles which I'd forgotten about!!

My new backack is on its way but I'm having to return my boots as after two weeks of walking indoors with them as I've decided they are too big so back to the drawing board there but hopefully will get that sorted this week.

I think they'll be quite a few of us starting on the 4th so you won't be alone. If you've any tips of packing and what to take etc I'd be very grateful

See you in Sept

Kay

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am starting on the 2nd with my son, who will be with me for the first week. Planning to start slowly. My fear of being the lone-September walker, back when I booked my trip in April, has long sense dissipated. It will be good to meet other forum members.

Katherine

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Mandi,
I'm Arlene and will be arriving in SJPdP on Sept 2nd. I will stay there 2 nights and then start my Camino on Sept 4th. We'll surely meet up in SJPdP or along the way.

Hi - I'm also flying into Biarritz on Monday 3rd Sept from London and am walking alone. I'm a 62 year old female, getting quite anxious about everything but am sure things will work out OK. I've just noticed that there isn't a morning train from Bayonne on Mondays so will have to hang around until 3pm (I think). I'm going to check and see if anyone else is arriving early in the morning who would be willing to share a taxi with me.

Looking forward to meeting you.

All the best

Kay

kayinaylesbury said:
Hi - I'm also flying into Biarritz on Monday 3rd Sept from London and am walking alone. I'm a 62 year old female, getting quite anxious about everything but am sure things will work out OK. I've just noticed that there isn't a morning train from Bayonne on Mondays so will have to hang around until 3pm (I think). I'm going to check and see if anyone else is arriving early in the morning who would be willing to share a taxi with me.

Looking forward to meeting you.

All the best

Kay

Hi Kay - not sure if this will help you out or not. I am taking a shuttle service from Biarritz to St. Jean. You might want to contact her to see if she has anything in the morning. Here is the contact information.
apcaroline@hotmail.com
http://www.expressbourricot.com

See you in St. Jean,
Ultreya :arrow: ,
Arlene

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Kay,
There are quite a few of us solo walker ladies starting either in St. Jean or Roncesvalles on the 4th or 5th of Sept. Take a look at the September 2012 thread to see the group! I think we are all going to be on the lookout for each other!
Cindy

I wish i wish i wish!!! September 3 is my birthday, and I can think of nothing better than to be starting the Camino on that day. In 2009, I spent my birthday volunteering at the Pilgrim's Office in SJPP. It was the happiest week of my life!

This year I'll be a couple weeks later... Buen Camino to all of you!

Nancy

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello All,

I am very excited I have found this forum, and for the fast few weeks the camino Frances has been speaking to me and within the last week I have felt a strong pull towards it. Already bought my walking shoes (my old ones just happen to break at the last minute-had them 5 years) and some shorts.

I am being moved to book my flight from London to Biarritz BIQ now, and am looking to get into France (St Jean) either on the Tuesday or Wednesday, 4th-5th September. The flight that am looking at is quite early and to arrive at St Jean after 12 noon will have to see what happens, whether I spend the night at St Jean or start walking.

What is advisable? As I have seen that it's best to at least spend a day and set off the next early morning.

I'm hoping to spend very minimum on my trek and my intention is to serve while being served. This walk is a calling of my higher truth to stand in my own vocation and power to what I am and what I can do in this world, and so I feel blessed to be able to share this with all of you.

Blessings to all, and may we meet very soon :mrgreen:

All my love

Ana

Welcome Ana,
I'm beginning my Camino on the morning of Sept. 4th from St. Jean. Hoping we meet up along the way!
Ultreya Peregrina :arrow:
Arlene

Ana!!

I am leaving tomorrow for Lourdes France..then to St jean on Sept 2 and 3 leaving on the 4th to start camino...omigosh..last minute packing now!! Hope to see you ALong the WAY!!

Buen Camino!!
Lisa

Blue Osprey pack with Yogi Berra #8 pin stripe patch and forum patch!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello,
My friend, Denise and I are starting from SJPDP on Sept 3...may see you all at some point or another. I'm curious how much training everyone has done for this trek...hope I'm physically up to the challenge. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually I've been ready for years!

Buen Camino to all!
Lori

i will be starting with my mom about a week after that as well. for ya two Chicagans, look out for a couple of Alaskans starting about your time

So, im planning to start sept 3 from st jean. Im taking a train from paris sept 2. Does anyone know where they are staying the night of sept 2? Im walking alone and having someone to start into the pyrenees on sept 3 with would be welcomed.

Happy travels,
Mandi

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are nearly twenty Forum members leaving SJPdP at about the same time you are. In addition, another fifty to one hundred will head up the mountain on the day you start. Pilgrims are hard to miss, so start introducing yourself on the train, in the Pilgrim Office, around town, in the albergue, and at meals. A good start is like Joost in "The Way." Ask to join a table of one or two pilgrims at lunch or dinner. Rejection is possible, though it has never happened that I have seen, so do not be too thin skinned. Tables are often at a premium, so sharing is pretty standard, and the waiters love it, though they don't expect a tip in France or Spain.

You will find plenty of suitable companions by the time boots hit pavement in the morning.

Bon chemin (then buen camino).

aliasbuff said:
So, im planning to start sept 3 from st jean. Im taking a train from paris sept 2. Does anyone know where they are staying the night of sept 2? Im walking alone and having someone to start into the pyrenees on sept 3 with would be welcomed.

Happy travels,
Mandi
Hi Mandi.
I am starting from St. Jean on Sepember 3. I will arrive from Paris to Biarrits in the evening of Sept. 2 and stay with Madame Veronique Miramon - I hope. She has confirmed and offered to pick me up at the airport but has not answered several mails where I ask how we could recognize each other. Makes me a little uneasy. I am trying to think "Whatever wil be will be" :? In the morniing I will taka train/bus to St.Jean and hope to meet you and lots of other beginners. I will be carrying a black backpack with the yellow arrow sewn on.
Buen Camino! Margrét

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back