• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from the 4th of September

Dan_1974

Hi Everyone!

I'll be starting my camino next Wednesday flying into Biarritz from Stanstead for around 2pm ish. Can anyone give some advice on how to get to SJPP from Biarritz as there's suggestions that all the buses are full on other threads? Not sure if that's true but speak little to no Spanish or French so my fear of being stranded in Biarrtiz is growing by the day lol.
Also if someone could talk through their step by step of day one that would be really helpful as i'm sure once that's over i'll get in to the flow of it all.

Thanks
Dan

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Dan,
I haven't been there before but I was under the impression that it was simply a matter of getting a bus from Biarritz to Bayonne rail station and then a train to St. Jean. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the buses can be booked in advance from what I have read in other threads. Hope you have a wonderful Camino.
Aidan:)

Take a city bus or a taxi from the airport to the Bayonne train station. There are two trains -- 1455 and 1807 for 9.60E. There are buses only when the train is broken. It is a no reservation train, so just go to the ticket window, buy a ticket, and get on the train. They are accustomed to pilgrims, so you can pantomime yourself through the process.

Buen camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Here is more info for the bus from the Biarritz/Anglet airport to Bayonne train station.

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF). For times see >> http://www.chronoplus.eu/ and in particular http://www.chronoplus.eu/horaires_ligne ... 0&minute=0 On the schedule for September 4 the buses leave from Anglet Aeroport for Bayonne Gare every 20 minutes from 06:46 until 20:12. Travel time is roughly 30 minutes to Bayonne.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Most read last week in this forum

Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done VĂ©zelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, we are starting from Sarria on April 28, 2024. Getting excited...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back