• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting in amsterdam? (or thereabouts)

maesepedro

I originally posted this in the miscellaneous string, but thought the peregrino route pages would be a better spot... any thoughts on my question below? Thanks.

walk from Amsterdam to Santiago?

I'm still reveling in my recent camino from SJPP to Santiago (and on to Fisterra). I'd like to return as soon as I have the money and would like to start in Amsterdam--I met so many wonderful pilgrims / hospitaleros from the Netherlands and some of whom had even walked from their doorsteps (as I cannot, as an american)...as an erasmus of rotterdam fan, starting in the low country has that added midieval bonus. Any advice or experience from those who may have walked from amsterdam? arbitrary starting point or not, i'd sure love to hear from anyone with any knowledge.

vita est peregrinatio,

pedro

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Pedro,
In the miscellaneous string Geert Bakker of the Pilgrimsplaza answered already and tells you about the two topo-guides for the two sections in Holland. First section is 199 km from Amsterdam to the city of 's Hertogenbosch in the province Brabant. The second section is from 's Hertogenbosch to Visé in Belgium, 266 km.
These topo-guides are only in the Dutch language.
The whole route is signed like the GRs in France with red/white posts.
It is a beautiful walk if you like the flat Dutch landscape :roll:

Jan Brilleman

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back