Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Starting in April 2017

JadeyJade

Camino(s) past & future
Walking from Leon onwards in April 2017
Hi all,

Starting my first Camino from Leon to Santiago alone in April this year. I am a bit nervous about doing it alone (solo female!) but hey, ho. I'm sure I will meet up with people along the way. This website is great for tips and hints. I'm hoping it will also be great for putting me in touch with others commencing on the 14th April :)

Buen Camino! See you along the way!

Advertisment

falcon269

sidra; no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
By April there will be plenty of pilgrims accompanying you. If you stay in an albergue in Leon, you will be able to meet some of them. Follow the yellow arrows on the pavement leaving either the bus station or train station, and they will lead you to the main albergue. I have forgotten if it has a kitchen, but most pilgrims go to bars and restaurants nearby.

Buen camino.

Camino(s) past & future
I plan to walk from April 24 to may 24 2017
Hi all,

Starting my first Camino from Leon to Santiago alone in April this year. I am a bit nervous about doing it alone (solo female!) but hey, ho. I'm sure I will meet up with people along the way. This website is great for tips and hints. I'm hoping it will also be great for putting me in touch with others commencing on the 14th April :)

Buen Camino! See you along the way!
I am starting April 25th in Pamplona. Since I have only 30 days and I do not want to be rushed I think it is a good starting point for me. It is my first time but I have been drawn to the camino for years. I will be walking alone too.

Arn

Staff member
Donating Member
I am starting April 25th in Pamplona. Since I have only 30 days and I do not want to be rushed I think it is a good starting point for me. It is my first time but I have been drawn to the camino for years. I will be walking alone too.
JadeyJade and Jantina...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2017. You have both chosen good points to begin your Camino. You should have plenty of time from Pamplona. The key is not to press to hard and fast and possibly getting injured. Most suggested stages average 20 km. Take a look at the difficulty of each "recommended" stage. If relatively easy, consider walking an additional 5+ km. The more difficult go 20 km that day.
In April/ May getting a bed should be no problem. Things can get dicey once in Sarria.
Buen Camino,
Arn

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • April

Votes: 47 18.8%
  • May

Votes: 58 23.2%
  • June