Starting in April 2017 | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims

By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign
Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Starting in April 2017

Discussion in 'Traveling to/from the camino' started by JadeyJade, Feb 17, 2017.

1. JadeyJade

JadeyJade New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Walking from Leon onwards in April 2017
    Hi all,

Starting my first Camino from Leon to Santiago alone in April this year. I am a bit nervous about doing it alone (solo female!) but hey, ho. I'm sure I will meet up with people along the way. This website is great for tips and hints. I'm hoping it will also be great for putting me in touch with others commencing on the 14th April :)

Buen Camino! See you along the way!

2. falcon269

falcon269 sidra; no commercial interests

Camino(s) past & future:
    yes
    By April there will be plenty of pilgrims accompanying you. If you stay in an albergue in Leon, you will be able to meet some of them. Follow the yellow arrows on the pavement leaving either the bus station or train station, and they will lead you to the main albergue. I have forgotten if it has a kitchen, but most pilgrims go to bars and restaurants nearby.

Buen camino.

Arn likes this.
  3. nycwalking

nycwalking Veteran Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
    Buen camino.

4. Jantina Hanna

Jantina Hanna New Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    I plan to walk from April 24 to may 24 2017
    I am starting April 25th in Pamplona. Since I have only 30 days and I do not want to be rushed I think it is a good starting point for me. It is my first time but I have been drawn to the camino for years. I will be walking alone too.

Arn likes this.
  5. Arn

Arn Moderator Staff Member Donating Member

JadeyJade and Jantina...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2017. You have both chosen good points to begin your Camino. You should have plenty of time from Pamplona. The key is not to press to hard and fast and possibly getting injured. Most suggested stages average 20 km. Take a look at the difficulty of each "recommended" stage. If relatively easy, consider walking an additional 5+ km. The more difficult go 20 km that day.
    In April/ May getting a bed should be no problem. Things can get dicey once in Sarria.
    Buen Camino,
    Arn