• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Burgos - Do I get a stamp?

holborn

Hi,

I will be starting my Camino in Burgos on Sept 1st. I arrive in Burgos around 6 pm on Aug 31st. Would I be able to get a bed at an Albergue that late in the day?

Also, can I get my passport stamped in Burgos at that time, or would I get my first stamp in Hornillos?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola Holborn,
I think the Cathederal Shop is open until about 7:30pm, I believe you can get the stamp there.
Buen Camino
Colin

holborn,

Besides the Cathedral as mentioned by Colin you can get your first stamps anywhere in Burgos. The tourist office, bars, hotels, albergues, etc. all have one; there is no 'official' stamp.

Finding an bunk after 6pm depends on what might be described as "the luck of the draw".

You can only reserve a bunk in advance at private albergues; If you have a reservation you should be assured of a bed. Check the Burgos albergue listings here http://www.caminodesantiago.me/camino-f ... to-burgos/ to see if any take reservations.

At municipal albergues it is first come first taken. However some of these places have or know of 'hidden' backups, Ie another floor or adjacent out-building. Often hospiteleros will call around to help find you another affordable space.

Thus finding a bunk in the busy season can be difficult. That's one reason I have always gone in autumn and winter. It may be cold but there are plenty of bunks!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
mspath said:
Thus finding a bunk in the busy season can be difficult. That's one reason I have always gone in autumn and winter. It may be cold but there are plenty of bunks!
Margaret Meredith

M.M. You are a trooper!
Buen Camino
David, Victoria, Canada.

Hi guys I'm in the same boat. I plan on arriving the day before :/ feeling worried

I will be arriving in Burgos on the 30th, but i will be coming in from Madrid, so I expect to get there earlier in the day. I will be the one with the purple Osprey backpack.

Blessings,

Ruth

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm hoping to get into Madrid at 13.00. Fingers crossed I get on the flight! Ill have a red osprey bag. Hope our paths cross :)

I look forward to it. Only 5 more days before I hop on a plane!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
For a peaceful, gentle start to your Camino, you might enjoy Albergue Emaus in Burgos. It's located a bit out of the center, about a 15 minute walk from the bus station. It is situated within a church, and the pilgrims are invited to share the mass with the local community in the small chapel. The priest gives a blessing, and then you return to the albergue for a shared meal. You must be in by 7:30pm, so there is no chance to enjoy the city center in the evening, but you can get your first stamp at the albergue, then visit the Cathedral the next morning for another stamp before you walk out of Burgos.

This albergue has been a very special stop on three of my visits to Burgos. And it's likely not to be full, since many pilgrims prefer to stay in the center. The facilities at Emaus are top-notch, thanks to a recent renovation. Here is more information: http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/casa-de-peregrinos-de-emaus

Hi Nancy,,,

thanks for that info....as I am starting in Burgos I might book that one. Can you tell me where I can purchse the Camino passport in Burgos? at the Emaus itself??

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ruth please tell me you are still in Burgos. I'm planning on starting the camino on the 1st. Been sick since I got here

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Holborn,

When are you planning on starting the camino? I'll be starting on the 1st and will pass the alburgues behind the cathedral might see you then

Hi Nancy,,,
thanks for that info....as I am starting in Burgos I might book that one. Can you tell me where I can purchse the Camino passport in Burgos? at the Emaus itself??

Sorry, I only just saw this! I suspect you have sorted it out by now. I hope you were able to stay at Emaus and you enjoyed a comfortable start to your Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back