A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Starting in Burgos June 7, 2017.....Meseta Info Please

Rich3909

Camino(s) past & future
2017, 2016, 2014
I am continuing on from Burgos and am thinking about trying to "rent" a bicycle to do the Meseta piece since I am slow hiker and have to be back home by end of June. Anyone know anything about a three day bike rental idea?

Thanks,

Rich3909

trevorcc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014 planning Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, now planning March 2018
IT WIll be hot and all I can say is ENJOY...

HedaP

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
I met an older woman who crossed the meseta on a rental bike and loved it.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I am continuing on from Burgos and am thinking about trying to "rent" a bicycle to do the Meseta piece since I am slow hiker and have to be back home by end of June. Anyone know anything about a three day bike rental idea?

Thanks,

Rich3909
Hi, Rich,
You already got links to bike rental possibilities.
But, how slow hiker you really are? From Burgos to Santiago is 480kms according to Gronze (https://www.gronze.com/camino-frances) and if you walk that distance with approx.20kms/day that makes 24 days which is roughly the end of June.
If you increase daily distance to 25kms that's 20 days to Santiago and gives you additional day or two for sight-seeing and resting in Leon, Astorga, Santiago...

Anyway - Ultreia and enjoy!

D

Deleted member 36903

Hi Rich3909, this is not an answer to the question you asked, but a suggestion for alternatives. The beauty of the Meseta for me was undoubtedly the long, gentle walk it offered, plus the stay overnight at San Bol. I really feel this stretch needs to be walked to be appreciated - but maybe those who have cycled the distance will have a different opinion. Hiring a bike, then arranging to leave it somewhere might be a hassle, so, just as a suggestion, as Fromista has a train station, might that be a better option? Whatever you do, Buen Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 154 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 254 24.9%