Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Starting in Burgos June 7, 2017.....Meseta Info Please

Rich3909

Past OR future Camino
2017, 2016, 2014
I am continuing on from Burgos and am thinking about trying to "rent" a bicycle to do the Meseta piece since I am slow hiker and have to be back home by end of June. Anyone know anything about a three day bike rental idea?

Thanks,

Rich3909

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

trevorcc

Past OR future Camino
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020
IT WIll be hot and all I can say is ENJOY...

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

HedaP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances starting SJPdP Sept/Oct 2015, April/May 2017
I met an older woman who crossed the meseta on a rental bike and loved it.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
I am continuing on from Burgos and am thinking about trying to "rent" a bicycle to do the Meseta piece since I am slow hiker and have to be back home by end of June. Anyone know anything about a three day bike rental idea?

Thanks,

Rich3909
Hi, Rich,
You already got links to bike rental possibilities.
But, how slow hiker you really are? From Burgos to Santiago is 480kms according to Gronze (https://www.gronze.com/camino-frances) and if you walk that distance with approx.20kms/day that makes 24 days which is roughly the end of June.
If you increase daily distance to 25kms that's 20 days to Santiago and gives you additional day or two for sight-seeing and resting in Leon, Astorga, Santiago...

Anyway - Ultreia and enjoy!

Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
D

Deleted member 36903

Hi Rich3909, this is not an answer to the question you asked, but a suggestion for alternatives. The beauty of the Meseta for me was undoubtedly the long, gentle walk it offered, plus the stay overnight at San Bol. I really feel this stretch needs to be walked to be appreciated - but maybe those who have cycled the distance will have a different opinion. Hiring a bike, then arranging to leave it somewhere might be a hassle, so, just as a suggestion, as Fromista has a train station, might that be a better option? Whatever you do, Buen Camino!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads