• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Geneva

JoP

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello,
We are starting our pilgrimage in Geneva later this year. My question is whether I can obtain the pilgrim's passport from the Cathedral of St.Pierre in the city and whether this is the usual starting point in Geneva?

Many thanks
Jo

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked this route and organised a pilgrims passport in advance. Just as well as the cathedral was deserted when I walked past around 8 am....sorry can't help....

My question is whether I can obtain the pilgrim's passport from the Cathedral of St.Pierre in the city and whether this is the usual starting point in Geneva?
The cathedral is on the marked route, so one could start there. I was able to get my credencial stamped there, at the book kiosk - but I don't recall seeing credencials for sale. You could write the cathedral and ask.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Or order your credencial from Ivar, on the forum (see the top of the forum "services in Santiago by Ivar"). He's very efficient at posting them out. I also purchased the plastic sleeve, which was the perfect size for my passport, as well as my credencial.

Hi there, @JoP. Here's a suggestion. Just in case there isn't a credential available at the cathedral order one from Ivar...I always seem to need a spare. There are many beautiful credentials available in Europe. Some have artwork and medieval maps as decoration. Others are plain.

Bon Chemin...

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thankyou for all your kind contributions. I will order one from Ivar as you suggest.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.