• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting in Logroño

PeregrinoPeña

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2012)
I'll be resuming my solo camino in Logroño next week (last summer, I walked solo from SJPP to Logroño and this past fall with two friends from SJPP to Santiago), and i have a few questions before I set out that I hope the wise peregrinos of these forums can advise me:

-Is it better to buy the bus ticket ahead of time? I fly into Madrid and plan on taking the bus from the airport. Can I just buy a ticket there upon my arrival? This would be better...in case my flight gets in early or late, and I have take a different bus.
-I have my credential from the walk last summer; can I continue to use that? Or do I have to get a new one? If so, where can I get one? I was thinking they would have them at either the Cathedral or that pilgrim/tourist office near the bridge before crossing into downtown? ...I kind of want a Spanish credencial this time, anyways.

And if any of you happen to be on the camino in the next few weeks, listen for the sound of music. Or look for the guy with a kiddy sized guitar strapped to his pack. :)

Buen camino.
Alex

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Personally, I would never buy a ticket ahead of time. If you are arriving on a long distance flight, you never know what may happen to delay you. ( I can relate to a couple of experiences in this respect. One time, we had a drug overdose case on the flight and had to make an emmergency landing in the Domenican Republic to off-load the guy. This year, it was a case of exceptionally bad weather that delayed my husband by nearly half a day). No, I certainly wouldn't book ahead!
You can continue to use your original Credential. That's really up to you. Apart from obtaining one at the Cathedral, I think you could get one at the
Albergue. Anne

hi alex,

i will second anne advice. you can get your ticket easily at the alsa bus office in t4. there are 5 buses to logrono per day.

you can continue to use your previous credencial del peregrino but make sure you get your stamp again in logrono, be it at the cathedral, at the municipal albergue, etc. if you want a spanish credencial del peregrino, i believe you should be able to get one at the cathedral, albergue or tourist office. also ask them to give you a stamp on the new credencial.

buena suerte. buen camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Muchas gracias peregrinos. That's exactly what I figured, just wanted to be sure.

Buen camino.
Alex

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.