• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in October?

l.olsson

Hey!
Have anyboby experience walkningt the Le Puy route in october?
What I really wonder about is the accomondations, are most of them still open?
/Lina

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked in April, so can't answer an October question specifically. However, the Miam Miam Dodo guide often has notes about opening/closing months where a gite is only open part of the year. In France in general, seasonal places are often open 'from Easter to All Saints' so I imagine you will still find many open in October, though maybe not all.
Margaret

I'm walking from Fegeac to Moisseac from about 21 or 22 September. Have heard about dogs being a problem-any comments-wondering whether or not to bring, stick, spray, dog bisquits etc.

Mary

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dogs may be an issue wherever humans walking by their domain occurs. When walking in unfamiliar territory, I always carry a stick to prevent a dog from getting into trouble. A tap on the rump or the nose does wonders to change an aggressive disposition into one of just a distant yapping. Walk with a good long stick and enjoy your Way.

Michael

I never had any dog problems at all in this region. I think on the 'standard' pilgrim route, dog owners all keep their dogs pretty well confined.

The only time I ever needed to avoid a ferocious looking dog in France was further south, when I left Arthez de-Bearn via the "old" GR as a short-cut to get to Cambarrat.
Margaret

Mary..... I am sorry if your post is not as you originally posted it. I meant to quote some of what you wrote in a reply. But I was inadvertently using 'edit' instead (as I am able to use this as a moderator.) I am not sure whether I inadvertently deleted some of what you originally wrote or not. My apologies if I did: it was not intentional!

Hi Mary, I guess you have been and gone on the route by now, but having just got back from walking from Le Puy to St Jean, the only dog problems I had were in the last 2 days, mainly before and in Ostabat, where gates were open and on 2 occasions aggressive dogs raced out of properties with gnashing teeth, not fun, was glad to have my walking poles, the rest of the trail was great. In the Aubrac the dogs did not even bark at you. Regard, Gitti

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back