Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Starting in Pontevedra

Richard of York

Past OR future Camino
So I'm taking a couple of days off from being the tea guy after Sarria to join some camino friends on the Portugués from Pontevedra to Santiago.

I can't find anywhere to get a passport though it's too short to need one for a compostela, but it would be nice to collect the stamps. We set off tomorrow to Caldas de Reis. It feels rather more Portuguese here in Pontevedra than at home near Portomarin.

Any likes and I'll continue to post here.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way: June 2022
I'm curious the answer to the passport question...as I have a friend meeting in Pontevedra to walk the last few days with us. I was wondering it is possible for her to get a passport?

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
I'm curious the answer to the passport question...as I have a friend meeting in Pontevedra to walk the last few days with us. I was wondering it is possible for her to get a passport?
Have you asked for a pilgrim passport at the Xunta albergue in Pontevedra? Here is their info page from Gronze.

Albertinho

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
So I'm taking a couple of days off from being the tea guy after Sarria to join some camino friends on the Portugués from Pontevedra to Santiago.

I can't find anywhere to get a passport though it's too short to need one for a compostela, but it would be nice to collect the stamps. We set off tomorrow to Caldas de Reis. It feels rather more Portuguese here in Pontevedra than at home near Portomarin.

Starting in Pontevedra you can’t apply for a Compostela certificate at the pilgrims office

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Albertinho

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Yes, he was aware of that.
there were some at the Pilgrims Office ,started from Pontevedra and were very disappointed that we did not write out their Compostela.
It ended up for 3 € each they could get a touristical documment.

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way: June 2022
My friend realizes she will not get a Compostela--this is more because I had my heart set on the Albergue in Herbon and was hoping she could access it too (though unsure if it is open?)

Albertinho

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
My friend realizes she will not get a Compostela--this is more because I had my heart set on the Albergue in Herbon and was hoping she could access it too (though unsure if it is open?)
So as a nice souvenir de Caminho ,apply for the touristical document at the Pilgrims Office ,once arriving in Santiago.

Past OR future Camino
06,CF;13,CP;17,SSal;19,Ingles

Not sure why you cannot source a credencial. You live there at the moment. Have you asked locally? Parishes? Parochial albergues? Casa Ivar? Roncesvalles? Have you no other unfinished credencial?

Richard of York

Past OR future Camino
I f
Not sure why you cannot source a credencial. You live there at the moment. Have you asked locally? Parishes? Parochial albergues? Casa Ivar? Roncesvalles? Have you no other unfinished credencial?
ound one in the end. The pilgrim church in Pontevedra was open early. My old credential is in England.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads