Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

starting in roncesvalles

nanna

I am planning to start my camino in Roncesvalles and walk to Santiago. I am travelling from Barcelona by bus/train to Pamplona and from there to Roncesvalles and will arrive in the evening (about 6 pm). Will the peregrino office be open in the evening, or do I have to wait until next day to get my pilgrims passport? Should I stay the first night in a hotel or can I sleep in a refuge/albergue if I haven't received my pilgrims passport the first night?

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
It's more than likely that there will be other pilgrims on the bus from Pamplona. You'll all be issued with your credentials when you arrive in Roncesvalles and can use the refuge that same night.
Buen Camino!

Rmccully

Past OR future Camino
If I am staying in a hotel rather than the albergue, can I still get the Pilgrim's Passport in Roncesvalles

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
If I am staying in a hotel rather than the albergue, can I still get the Pilgrim's Passport in Roncesvalles
Yes you can. You can buy the official Pilgrim Passport/Credencial at the reception counter of the pilgrim albergue in Roncesvalles.

Buen camino!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings